Please drain off oil message

Fife-Bloke

Reaction score
Im getting this message today, any ideas why this has suddenly appeared?
And do I need to literally drain the oil to get rid of it? It’s not long been serviced, so I’m loathe to drain perfectly good oil

Im getting this message today, any ideas why this has suddenly appeared?
And do I need to literally drain the oil to get rid of it? It’s not long been serviced, so I’m loathe to drain perfectly good oil
Possibly been overfilled, or sometimes if your doing a lot of short start stop journeys you could be interrupting DPF regens and this can cause diesel to get washed into the engine oil diluting it and raising the oil level.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

You can buy pumps if you don't want to drain it, they go down the dipstick tube and suck it out the sump, the B8 doesn't have a dipstick but it does have a tube with a blank in that just pulls out.

I’ll look into that bud I still prefer the old dipstick method but it is what it is

It's worth buying a dipstick. A few years back my electronic oil gauge said my level was low so I topped it up. Three weeks later it said it was overfilled. I ended up using a large syringe and some tubing to remove the excess oil from the dipstick hole. What a faff. I bought my dipstick from Audi and it was less than £20.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Well bit embarrassing, was under the bonnet today and couldn’t locate the tube anywhere. Phoned a VAG dealership to ask and was advised that not every car was fitted with the tube so possibly mine was one of them.
It’s booked in to get the oil drained, flushed and refilled to the correct level on Friday so should be the end of it then. If there is fuel in the oil then they will let me know at that point

Well bit embarrassing, was under the bonnet today and couldn’t locate the tube anywhere. Phoned a VAG dealership to ask and was advised that not every car was fitted with the tube so possibly mine was one of them.
It’s booked in to get the oil drained, flushed and refilled to the correct level on Friday so should be the end of it then. If there is fuel in the oil then they will let me know at that point
How much are they charging for the pleasure of that?

How much are they charging for the pleasure of that?

Oh it isn’t going into them, sorry I wasn’t very clear. I’m putting it to the garage that does all my servicing and repairs etc. £30 he’s taking,as long as the oil is clean and doesn’t need a new filter.

Reactions: jakm15
Oh it isn’t going into them, sorry I wasn’t very clear. I’m putting it to the garage that does all my servicing and repairs etc. £30 he’s taking,as long as the oil is clean and doesn’t need a new filter.
Good price, I was going to say don't take it the dealers they will just whip your pants down.

Good price, I was going to say don't take it the dealers they will just whip your pants down.

Our Volvo got serviced at the main dealer in Feb this year as it has to be main dealer serviced as per the PCP agreement and wasn’t even the main service, that’s next feb. £295 they robbed off me.

Our Volvo got serviced at the main dealer in Feb this year as it has to be main dealer serviced as per the PCP agreement and wasn’t even the main service, that’s next feb. £295 they robbed off me.
Have a look into that, I'm not sure if the same applies to PCPs but in regards to keeping warranties up on new cars as long as the garage uses OEM parts and are VAT registered you can use any garage and keep the warranty.

£300 is bonkers, I've just done the Oil, oil filter, air filter, carbon pollen filter and diesel filter on our A4 Avant for £50 and it took an hour.

I've been looking at getting a new car on a PCP but I wouldn't be able part with cash like that for a service it would make me ill

Have a look into that, I'm not sure if the same applies to PCPs but in regards to keeping warranties up on new cars as long as the garage uses OEM parts and are VAT registered you can use any garage and keep the warranty.

£300 is bonkers, I've just done the Oil, oil filter, air filter, carbon pollen filter and diesel filter on our A4 Avant for £50 and it took an hour.

I've been looking at getting a new car on a PCP but I wouldn't be able part with cash like that for a service it would make me ill

I have questioned it bud I spoke to the finance company directly and they confirmed to me it MUST be main dealer serviced, and yes I was almost exploding with rage with the bill. That said we got a cracking deal on the car and zero % finance so not all bad. However not every company insists on using main dealer for servicing so it’s something I will be looking at next time. That said we are probably keeping the car at the end of the deal, as it’s a brilliant car to drive, but it will not be visiting the main dealer again after we own it outright.

Reactions: jakm15
Do you have a photo of the top of the engine. The dipstick tube is usually on the passenger side.

Shall do that tomorrow, not going near the car now as a- it’s dark and b I’ve had more than a couple of sherbets lol the joys of a week off