Please do something about the adverts!

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Site admins can you please do something about the annoying adverts on this site! It's making the site unusable!
My site is constantly jumping all over the place due to the adverts popping up.
I struggle to even type as whilst half way through typing, the screen jumps up again due to another advert appearing.
It's not a very user friendly site which is a shame cause I love this site.

Can't say I've experienced this, and lm on the site at least 4/5 times a day.

If it's ads popping up, you can always block popups as part of your explorer/safari set up, otherwise you may need to run a virus/malware/popup checker. There are loads of free ones you can download.

Reactions: Ghost
will have it looked at

I never have an issue, Sandra; then again I don't have an ipad or iphone; tried a Samsung Galaxy tablet earlier this year and after 10-days sent that back for a full refund - good old John Lewis :yahoo:

It may be old, as we are, but our Windows 7 tower and laptop stuff always and reliably does the job...

Here's to you girl for helping the others out...:hi:

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra
I don't have a problem with adverts popping up in new Windows if that's what you mean.

I do have a problem with the way the adverts load though. The page loads, then as I go to click on something the link moves as an advert at the top of the page loads, later than the rest of the page.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Yeah that's the problem I have! That OBD protector advert is waaaaaay to big!
It's absolute ****** annoying as every time I'm just pressing on a link the advert then decides to load 5 secs later result in me pressing the wrong link!!!

The adverts on here are destroying this site as they are making it unusable!!! I have had so many problems due to that advert and the ****** bilstein one!!! In fact all the problems these adverts have had have had a negative effect on me meaning I will NEVER buy any of their products cause they p*ss me off so much! :rage:

I love this website but it is the worst forum (in technical terms) and most buggy I have ever used.

I have to agree, I usually browse on my Galaxy Note and the advertising banners are annoying for someone impatient like me who can't wait for the page to fully load. I'm forever clicking on the wrong part of the screen.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I agree completely with what some people are saying, but then again I was one that complained when this "working okay" changed itself a few year(s) ago, waiting for the very important, ie adverts to get their stuff in stifles the use of this forum. One thing that I've noticed is, if I click on "view this thread" in an email, I get in immediately, if I just go to this forum from anywhere else, it takes years to load - when you force the issue all I get is "audi-sport.net not responding due to --- long script or ????" - so something is not right as it used to work okay (year(s) ago) and applications that can/will only work seamlessly with certain platforms when it is known that lots of platforms will get used, really is not cutting the mustard, and it can't always be the users that are at fault! I know adverts help fund the operation, but some forums charge an annual fee and that cuts through the need to wait and read these adverts - maybe the way to go, as it is, if lots of people are getting annoyed/bored waiting for the pages to load, then they might just clear off and use other more sorted forums?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I love this site and have only really started using it last few months but it takes an age to load. and then when you click on a link it then jumps and another one loads. It is the slowest forum I have used.
There are far too many adverts and loading all of the gallery pictures on the home page also slows it down.
Really frustrating and should be looked at to slim down on adverts and images and speed it up.

Yes, if paying to use it I'd demand a refund! One thing though, going from Win7 to Win10 sorted things out a bit, well with this site, messed up most other things by queueing/prioritising advert loading over everything else, not a proper computer expert so I can't comment on what/why all this is happening! One thing I do know though, if surfing using an ipad, things always work well, but using a Win10 lappy reminds me of the horrid old dial-up days - is that progress (must get an ipad for surfing and just use lappy for all other things)

Have you tried using adblock? Should remove all the adds completely

I find the RSS eBay sales feeds a PITA, given the number you have to scroll through every day to read the forum posts....

Reactions: voorhees
I find the RSS eBay sales feeds a PITA, given the number you have to scroll through every day to read the forum posts....
If you go to the eBay ad, hit there avatar, there is a function that says ignore. Press that, problem solved.