PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

user-offline.png
jamiekip

Group: S3-talk Moderator
Member No.: 5

spacer.gif

Ahhhh jesus!
That is so bad. Hey, if someone could send my thoughts to Leon on ASN that would be appreciated, I know he worked hard for that car, and cr@p like this just doesn't seem fair. Glad his family are ok. Sickens me to the core reading stuff like this.
I've said it before, but I think with unemployment going up, stuff like this is going to become all to common.
Sad news indeed.

user-online.png
Gordie - AKA S3IZZO

Lizard
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif

Group: S3-talk Moderator
Member No.: 10

spacer.gif

Echo the above sentiments - I always wondered why he was never on this forum tbh. Really glad nobody was injured in this.

--------------------
rollsig.jpg

Sorry to hear this again! Like I’ve already posted, my cars been keyed, broken into, and stolen and smashed up in the 9-10 months!

Obviously the worse thing was them coming into our home and taking the car keys.

I am personally at the stage, where I am strongly considering taking the car back, and getting a more conspicuous car, because all its doing is making itself and more worryingly my family a target. I am thankful that nobody got hurt when they came into my house, because the people that stole my car, used to smash into a Porsche, take out the driver and beat him up!

Yep if the police actually patrolled the street instead of sitting in laybys waiting for speeders maybe this wouldn’t be such a common occurrence.

Why cant they post on here themselves?

Jamiekip is banned or deleted for some strange reason, i think the mods of AS.net are looking into it..

S3IZZ0 deleted his account a while back.

What's the gist here do you think ? Are they nicking them to order for sale abroad as part of some organised crime effort or is it just scrotes taking them as getaway cars which will be torched later ?
If its the former - surely they'd be targeting facelift models (neither Phantom's nor Eagle79's were facelift). If the latter then they're taking BIG risks confronting people in their houses just for a getaway - would be easier to nick something older which you could get started without needing the transponder key.
Maybe I'm missing the obvious but I can't fathom it.
Whatever's going on - its worrying.

The cars will be sold quickly to drug dealers,crooks etc etc. They will pay a few £k cash for the car and run it for a short while and dispose of it.

The hell with my missus and kids being scared crapless.
Your decision to get a less desirable car is very sensible and is to be applauded.:applaus:

I'm not even sure you'll miss the 'fancy' car.
I often think I'd enjoy an old car more.
Imagine.
No more worrying about where to park.
No more spending hours looking after it, just chucking it through a carwash every now and then.
Freedom!:rock:

With the money saved, loads more holidays for you and the kids.:beerchug:

Sad news, but the right decision I think.
I know Liverpool & Manchester are a way a part but same car, same method? Do the police think they may be connected? as this might help other S3 owners be more vigulant?

The hell with my missus and kids being scared crapless.
Your decision to get a less desirable car is very sensible and is to be applauded.:applaus:

I'm not even sure you'll miss the 'fancy' car.
I often think I'd enjoy an old car more.
Imagine.
No more worrying about where to park.
No more spending hours looking after it, just chucking it through a carwash every now and then.
Freedom!:rock:

With the money saved, loads more holidays for you and the kids.:beerchug:

Leon is being forced into a position where he cannot enjoy the things he loves for fear of another attack. Whats soo fcuking "freedom" about that? :shrug:

Leon is being forced into a position where he cannot enjoy the things he loves for fear of another attack. Whats soo fcuking "freedom" about that? :shrug:

He's evidently having to make the best of a bad situation.
I'm assuming moving to a nicer area has been discussed.

The area where i live isn't bad , it's no " Avenue " , but it's not the Bronx either , it's the best i can afored.

As ive said from when i first joined , i'm not really in the new-ish Audi S3 income bracket , it's just that i put owning my dream car before other things.

p

The area isnt really that important, when my car was stolen they came from Slough to my area, then went back to Slough. The police said that this practice is really common (so why dont they do something about it!), they are a bit like the borrowers, only complete and utter *****.

In my case down my road, my car is pretty average'y we have a couple of nice Audis, BMW's, and a Porsche.

I'm just interested.
In a eutopian world, of course you should be able to live where you want and have what you want.
But there isn't a country on earth where that applies.
I'm not saying it applies in this case, as I don't know the circumstances, but there are people who prioritise things all wrong.
I see it up here too.
Very flash car in less than flash area.
Priorities all wrong.

What you are missing though Bowfer is people have different priorities....

Each to their own. Some like to plough money into houses some into cars....

This is terrible news mate and just what you feared may happen when you firts got the car.

As all have said at least your family all unharmed and will hopefully recover from the shock of this real soon, I can't express how angry I am and how much I sympathise with you as I know the car really was your pride and joy.

Cars can be replaced and maybe in the long term you will feel differently about owning another nice motor, in the mean time concentrate on having a great xmas with the little ones and your Mrs - these are the truly important things Leon.

All the best mate.

Spin

It doesn't matter where you live these scum are not "joy" riders they are professionals just a case of being damn unlucky they will rather want your car to sell on or to strip it down in parts to sell.
It makes me so angry that you save & work hard for the things you want & then for someone to take it away within seconds to think they even have the cheek to come up to you & ask for the keys it's getting so easy for them they dont even care you see there faces they are really not bothered & even if you was to try & fight them off you would probably end up being the guilty one...what the hell is the world coming too......
Suppose all we should remember is that it's just a car & can be replaced just make sure you have gap insurance I hope you did.

What you are missing though Bowfer is people have different priorities....
Each to their own. Some like to plough money into houses some into cars....

Again. I'm not being specific to this case at all, as I have no idea where he lives.
But I wonder how many people have compromised where they live, so that they can afford a flash car, then lived to regret it?

Sorry to the OP,it's just become a 'broader' debate, as happens on the 'net.:icon_thumright:

sorry to hear whats happened. Although getting something else not as desirable might be a good idea, don't always consider it a step backwards, I much prefered driving a 1.2 clio comapared to my A3.

That's shocking reading; not about the car, that your family were threatened like that. I feel sick just reading about it, especially having a young son of my own.

I wouldn't say my car sticks out like a sore thumb ( i don't live on a council or ex council estate ) but a S car is a decent car in anything other than the very rich areas.

CID have just been round AUDI's ARE the no1 choice of stolen car.

p

Professional car thieves will operate anywhere be it in rich or poor areas infact I would say more rich areas as they will have far more choice of the cars they are looking for....joy riders will be more found around poorer areas as they are just looking for something easy & quick to steal for the night & wreck anyone asking for your keys are wanting more from your car & as said before likely trying to sell it on in whole or parts.

When you hear these things you do have to ask is it worth the bother but they do say car crime is going down just when you hear it happening to someone you will always think will it be me next but when you consider how many cars out there the risk is fairly low just have to get on with it that is what insurance is for & not worry too much otherwise we would all never do anything including crossing that road.

Hope all sorts itself out mate & they catch those scums

I wouldn't say my car sticks out like a sore thumb ( i don't live on a council or ex council estate ) but a S car is a decent car in anything other than the very rich areas.

CID have just been round AUDI's ARE the no1 choice of stolen car.

p

The 4/5 door model RS models are usually used for crimes as the thiefs can get in and out easily, lots of stolen RS4/M5s have been used like this. From experience they then park them up to see if the police have tracked it down, if not its anyones guess what happens to it.

You've definatly been a victim of organised crime, this car has either been ordered or shipped off to a foriegn country.

To be honest area doesn't make a massive difference, in areas like Manchester/Birmingham/London it's about who you are and whether it is worth targetting. These cowards clearly thought it was an easy task, they wouldn't have tried had two or more guys been living there.

As you are doing focus on your family, be glad you have insurance and keep a low key. I highly doubt they will be back, this is their job they probably do 1-3 cars a week you just don't hear about it in the paper.

At least that confirms we have decent taste :)

It also confirms that they are fashionable at the moment. Even the scumbags like to be 'in vogue' whilst committing crimes.

The sad thing is, quick, fairy expensive versions of 'normal' cars are always likely to be stolen - there is a good market for bits and they don't attract all the attention that a bright orange Lambo might, for example.

I don't suppose Plod will find anything worth following up, in this case.
Hopefully the people involved will move on without too much distress.

CID said , they usually leave them somewhere for 24 hours ie airport/Trafford centre to see if it's got a tracker fitted.

A RS4 was stolen the other week and the Tracker was up and running within 13 mins , but the car was gone.

Thats how fast these people work.

p

Maybe a change to the ECU design where the 'dealer' can remotely throttle down/kill the power remotely. If your car gets taken you could phone a certain number and quote the VIN & passcode and the could stop it for you? I remember watching Die Hard 4 and they were able to start a car remotely, is that real or holywood truth?

I remember watching Die Hard 4 and they were able to start a car remotely, is that real or holywood truth?

IIRC, Saab offer an option where you can start the car and heater, but the car remains locked.
The USA police have 'bait' cars that can be switched off/locked by remote control, after it has been nicked (trapping the thief inside).
Doubtful it could be implimented for general use though.
Too many safety/liberty issues, no doubt.
Imagine a woman trying to get away from a violent husband, for example.
He grabs the spare keys, stops the car and beats her up.
The press/MP's would have a field day.

Unfortunatly tracker jammers are simply placed into the cig holder and jam the signal, giving enough time to be out of the area of the police tracking the vehicle.

Depending on which tracker you have the system varies, eg. Tracker do a low end one called Monitor and only when it is activated and the appropiate police vehicle is near it will it pick up the car location.

The higher end one supposedly can see the car anywhere, so in theory should be easily traceable.

There is a system where you enter a code everytime you are in the car and if you do not within 30 seconds it breaks down, in a situation like this I am glad he didn't have it as they would have gone back for the code. The best form of security really is a garage, keeping it hidden away and always make sure you are not followed.

Sorry to hear this news - it makes me very angry that there are people in this country prepared to threaten women and children in order to get a car that they will sell on for a few pounds, drugs or whatever. Bring back a decent, efficient Police force (less paperwork) and public humiliation of those caught - I'd be first in the queue to throw things at them in the stocks - they could even rebuild the dodgy roads in this country!

I feel that I live in a very safe area but I have to say that I am paranoid about people following me along the roads to my village and have often driven past my village to a roundabout two miles up the road and driven around it one-and-a-half times just to make sure that I am not being followed. I do not even like people knowing that I have the car.

Please don't take this as an insult to Manchester but my GF's parents live in the Greater Manchester area. When I am up there, I am constantly paranoid about my car. I'm not sure that I would want a nice car if I lived there - too much worry!

Phantom, I hope that you and yours are not too traumatised by this event and still have a good Christmas.

Matt

The best form of security really is a garage, keeping it hidden away and always make sure you are not followed.

Keeping it hidden will help a bit, but do you keep it in the garage all the time you're at home, from the second you arrive until the second you leave?
I'd venture not many people do.
Once it's in the garage, it's feck all of a deterrent.
Thousands of ex-owners of motorbikes will tell you this.

As for not being followed, how you supposed to do this?
Just how paranoid do you want your life to be, for a ****** car?

Gutted for you mate. But, as said many times before, at least your family are ok.

I feel that I live in a very safe area but I have to say that I am paranoid about people following me along the roads to my village and have often driven past my village to a roundabout two miles up the road and driven around it one-and-a-half times just to make sure that I am not being followed. I do not even like people knowing that I have the car.

This is one of the worst things I've read in long time.
I really don't know whether to feel sorry for you or berate you.
It's an insured car that is easily replaced, for pete's sake.
Get a grip, eh?:tocktock::sos:

It's an insured car that is easily replaced, for pete's sake.
Get a grip, eh?:tocktock:

lol it took six months for the insurance company to decide that I wasnt trying to defraud them! Insurance doesnt always make things easy, I just hope you got GAP!

Why would I be OK with my car being stolen or people breaking into my house and threatening my family and I?

Feel free to berate me if you so wish, it won't change anything! :blahblah1:

Keeping it hidden will help a bit, but do you keep it in the garage all the time you're at home, from the second you arrive until the second you leave?
I'd venture not many people do.
Once it's in the garage, it's feck all of a deterrent.
Thousands of ex-owners of motorbikes will tell you this.

As for not being followed, how you supposed to do this?
Just how paranoid do you want your life to be, for a ****** car?

YES, I do, and my garage is a deterrent, no doubt about it. Not to mention it being 'out of sight out of mind'

Why would I be OK with my car being stolen or people breaking into my house and threatening my family and I?
Feel free to berate me if you so wish, it won't change anything! :blahblah1:

So if I don't subscribe to your ludicrously paranoid practices, I am 'ok' with my car being stolen and/or my family being threatened?:shrug:
Do you seriously think your little rouse will deter a proper thief?
Will it feck.
Don't be complacent, but don't be ****** paranoid either!
Your car has taken over your life man.:sos: