Please be careful

M12RJX

Reaction score
Please be careful guys. I should have posted this when it happened but i have been a bit all over the place to be honest.

early hours Monday morning between 12-3 my mother in laws was broken into, the thieves took out her window from the rear of the house and searched through just for keys from looking at how they left draws open.

My wife was at her house at the time staying overnight, my car is a 2014 model and not keyless. They came upstairs to the bedroom whilst she was asleep and seen her handbag in the bedroom grabbed it and ran out driving off in the car. Everyone was fast asleep whilst it was all happening.

to add insult to injury i full tanked the car the day before ready for the wife, my pushchair & car seat both worth in total over a grand was in the car too! After ringing Insurance they have just said you will loose your ncb and go back to 1 years even though i was 1 month away from getting 4 and protecting them! So you can tell i am really frustrated. Its now been 5 days and car is still missing. I didn't have a tracker in the car either. I do have gap though thank god.

please be careful guys these people have no morals and feel no way to do such things.

My car was a very distinctive colour and the interior was cream too please call the police and let me know if anyone spots it.
Was stolen from leicester

i will post pics of car with original reg and the private reg it was on

Attachments

• B11665CD-D2C5-475A-ABF3-647E2E7386D9.jpeg
    B11665CD-D2C5-475A-ABF3-647E2E7386D9.jpeg
    709.2 KB · Views: 528
  • BC4B1F0F-F113-4230-8E3B-6569899B84EF.jpeg
    BC4B1F0F-F113-4230-8E3B-6569899B84EF.jpeg
    789.8 KB · Views: 502
  • CFD8C01F-5345-4BC0-B137-BE0DEB589A80.jpeg
    CFD8C01F-5345-4BC0-B137-BE0DEB589A80.jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 3D71C186-190F-4071-B7DA-728B39A70AA8.jpeg
    3D71C186-190F-4071-B7DA-728B39A70AA8.jpeg
    853.8 KB · Views: 491
  • 1685A011-2853-4B9A-9B5C-7D2CB7B0C672.jpeg
    1685A011-2853-4B9A-9B5C-7D2CB7B0C672.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 461
Reactions: Kayobong
Please be careful guys. I should have posted this when it happened but i have been a bit all over the place to be honest.

early hours Monday morning between 12-3 my mother in laws was broken into, the thieves took out her window from the rear of the house and searched through just for keys from looking at how they left draws open.

My wife was at her house at the time staying overnight, my car is a 2014 model and not keyless. They came upstairs to the bedroom whilst she was asleep and seen her handbag in the bedroom grabbed it and ran out driving off in the car. Everyone was fast asleep whilst it was all happening.

to add insult to injury i full tanked the car the day before ready for the wife, my pushchair & car seat both worth in total over a grand was in the car too! After ringing Insurance they have just said you will loose your ncb and go back to 1 years even though i was 1 month away from getting 4 and protecting them! So you can tell i am really frustrated. Its now been 5 days and car is still missing. I didn't have a tracker in the car either. I do have gap though thank god.

please be careful guys these people have no morals and feel no way to do such things.

My car was a very distinctive colour and the interior was cream too please call the police and let me know if anyone spots it.

Some people ******* suck mate, what region was it taken in? Hopefully someone will be able to spy it.

That's terrible news mate. And to add insult the whole insurance ncd is a huge con as well.

Feel for you chap. Way to common all this car theft stuff is. Glad your covered with GAP.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

*******!!!
Pretty much as soon as I bought my RS3 all I saw on social media was thefts of rs3's and golf R's and it did concern me at first but it's been a year and touch wood, I've had no attempts yet. Probably helps that I don't park outside my house and car thefts are pretty much unheard of where I live.
It's all robbing pensioners here and smack dealing.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Window was older externally beaded upvc ?

yes exactly that i didnt know of this, but they literally slid the window out, put it aside so it didnt smash moved all of her cereals and tins that was on window sill placed it outside and made there way in!

I had an attempted break in when I had an S3 loaner. I still bought an S3 afterwards because I won't live my life in fear and not having the car I want.

Park out of sight or in a garage if possible. Deterrants such as CCTV. Buy gap insurance then leave your keys where they can easily be found to minimise damage or personal threat. If it goes missing I don't want it back.

Or buy a Kia.

Reactions: Goner and loftylad
*******!!!
Pretty much as soon as I bought my RS3 all I saw on social media was thefts of rs3's and golf R's and it did concern me at first but it's been a year and touch wood, I've had no attempts yet. Probably helps that I don't park outside my house and car thefts are pretty much unheard of where I live.
It's all robbing pensioners here and smack dealing.

i actually am even more ****** as today would have been the day i traded my audi s3 in for a 19 plate rs3 with a nice spec ! But now even when i do get paid out its put me right of wanting a nice car !

i actually am even more ****** as today would have been the day i traded my audi s3 in for a 19 plate rs3 with a nice spec ! But now even when i do get paid out its put me right of wanting a nice car !
Yeah it would put me off too. Seen videos of people being car jacked and all-sorts for golf R's etc. The Midlands seems to be one of the worst areas of the country for it too.
Gutted for you. I'd be devastated if mine got stolen.

Reactions: M12RJX
These scumbags makes my blood boil!! Similar thing happened to my mate but they couldn’t find the keys so trashed the place.
If it’s not been found in a week then it’s either shipped on a container or already been stripped for parts.
Anyway sorry to hear this. Such a good looking car. Never seen the cream interior or electric seats in a s3.
The gap insurance will at least ease the pain a little.

These scumbags makes my blood boil!! Similar thing happened to my mate but they couldn’t find the keys so trashed the place.
If it’s not been found in a week then it’s either shipped on a container or already been stripped for parts.
Anyway sorry to hear this. Such a good looking car. Never seen the cream interior or electric seats in a s3.
The gap insurance will at least ease the pain a little.
Honestly really wound me up too

it didnt have the greatest spec list options but as it was white and cream interior thats the only reason why i went for it really looked nice when clean lol was a clean example too only had 36k for a 2014 car

just ******* everywhere i dont even want car now i just want to know who was behind it!

Reactions: loftylad and AlS3BE
Honestly really wound me up too

it didnt have the greatest spec list options but as it was white and cream interior thats the only reason why i went for it really looked nice when clean lol was a clean example too only had 36k for a 2014 car

just ******* everywhere i dont even want car now i just want to know who was behind it!

think of it this way. The gap insurance pretty much makes it’s free motoring for the time you had it. Silver lining etc :icon thumright:
Don’t let these scumbags get to you. It’s not worth it. Now go car shopping as that’s the only shopping we like :wink:

Reactions: S32B, pburv, M12RJX and 1 other person
Sorry to hear about your loss. I hate these threads.

Hopefully, the aspiring footballers/rocket scientists/all round good eggs will drive it 5 up into a concrete wall at 130 mph.

Hope you get a swift payout. Glad you had GAP.

Or buy a Kia.

I DID get the ULTIMATE in theft prevention…A KIA!:grin:
Sometimes I’m glad my Audi didn’t work out...

Reactions: Goner, M12RJX, AlS3BE and 1 other person

That's horrible. Hope your wife is ok?

I always leave my car keys downstairs and in easy sight for this very reason. Years ago I read a story of a guy who had just bought a brand new MK1 Focus RS (as I had just done) and he kept his keys hidden upstairs. Thieves obviously got into the house, and as they couldn't find the keys, came up stairs. First thing he knew was being woken up abruptly by said scum, with a knifes to his and his wife's throats. All for a set of car keys.

From reading that, mine have always remained downstairs.

It's probably best you don't have a tracker fitted. Would you really want it back?

That's horrible. Hope your wife is ok?

I always leave my car keys downstairs and in easy sight for this very reason. Years ago I read a story of a guy who had just bought a brand new MK1 Focus RS (as I had just done) and he kept his keys hidden upstairs. Thieves obviously got into the house, and as they couldn't find the keys, came up stairs. First thing he knew was being woken up abruptly by said scum, with a knifes to his and his wife's throats. All for a set of car keys.

From reading that, mine have always remained downstairs.

It's probably best you don't have a tracker fitted. Would you really want it back?
You are right its just not worth the fighting with people like that, and ye i defo dont want it back now took my plate of retention straight away and told the insurance the ****** can go **** themselves now i just want to be paid out and move on. Dont think im going to go down the finance route for a while till this blows over for as wife still feels quite traumatised from it all

And while decent people lie terrified in their beds, the Police continue to do f**k all about these oxygen robbing waste of skins. They are really good at hiding behind bushes catching people doing 35mph in a 30mph zone, though!

Reactions: Goner, Bryant1998, Jcbmally and 4 others
And while decent people lie terrified in their beds, the Police continue to do f**k all about these oxygen robbing waste of skins. They are really good at hiding behind bushes catching people doing 35mph in a 30mph zone, though!
Without a doubt. Always there if you've no seatbelt on or their computer is saying no insurance. Report a burglary and they're long gone before the police arrive.

Reactions: M12RJX and loftylad
Really bad news, hope you get a satisfactory resolution!
I'd assume after this time the cars already been sold on / chopped up but fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: M12RJX
think of it this way. The gap insurance pretty much makes it’s free motoring for the time you had it. Silver lining etc :icon thumright:
Don’t let these scumbags get to you. It’s not worth it. Now go car shopping as that’s the only shopping we like :wink:
Bang on :icon thumright: I used to worry about where I left my car, but then thought about it! Gap would take me back to £39k and I owe £22k = £17k up if it went missing....I don't have to have the same car again with the policy I have...I can take the money and run. Not that I want it to go missing, but if it didn't I'd be on the right side.

Reactions: pburv
@M12RJX sorry to hear about your car. Hope you and your wife are ok. It really makes me so angry to read this. You work hard for a nice car and some scum helps their self and gets away with it. Hope they catch them, though we all know that’s unlikely. Hope you hear something soon.

Reactions: pburv, Pinky1959 and M12RJX
Bang on :icon thumright: I used to worry about where I left my car, but then thought about it! Gap would take me back to £39k and I owe £22k = £17k up if it went missing....I don't have to have the same car again with the policy I have...I can take the money and run. Not that I want it to go missing, but if it didn't I'd be on the right side.

this is true so im not too worried but its more the fact my insurance is going from so close to 4y ncb to 1 is a **** take! And although i could easily go replace the car its more the trauma its caused rather than just replacing it. I hope no one on here ever has to go through what i did be safe out there guys!

Reactions: pburv and S32B
@M12RJX sorry to hear about your car. Hope you and your wife are ok. It really makes me so angry to read this. You work hard for a nice car and some scum helps their self and gets away with it. Hope they catch them, though we all know that’s unlikely. Hope you hear something soon.

thank you
Apart from still reliving the night it happened i am sure in time we will get over it. I just wanted to put it out there so people can be vigilant and try keep their family and cars safe too as people are getting out of hand now!

A close friends father was rushed into hospital , thieves had noticed and burgled the house. His father died in hospital about a week later. He now has the the stress of not only sorted the funeral , but also dealing with police and insurance companies. These people that do this type of crime really are scum , and we need the courts to be much tougher on them.

Reactions: wab172uk, Goner, pburv and 5 others
Easy for me to say but always remember it is but metal and plastic and you will always be able to buy another one, health/well being is not so replaceable.
My keys hang next to the dogs but close to the front door so at least the mutts would let me know something is going on.
OK might cost you more money through insurance etc but again there is always opportunity to earn more money.

Hope the family get over it as it must be a hell of a shock and they must be asking lots of what ifs.............

So sorry to hear that mate. It is awful. I'm worried about my car every day which is parked outside my flat in open car park. No gap either.

The police is a joke as above said they will "arrest" you for 35mph but with more serious matters it's never solved.

Hopefully you'll get paid out, get proper house security and wait for a new S3 next year.

Reactions: loftylad
So sorry to hear that mate. It is awful. I'm worried about my car every day which is parked outside my flat in open car park. No gap either.

The police is a joke as above said they will "arrest" you for 35mph but with more serious matters it's never solved.

Hopefully you'll get paid out, get proper house security and wait for a new S3 next year.

Because law abiding people are easy targets and easy to catch. They make out it's a serious crime by saying you're driving a lethal weapon, and think of that child playing in the middle of the motorway carriage.

The justice system need to get tougher on car crime, and the damage it causes to people. But how many time to we watch Police interceptors, or Motorway cops, where scum just seem to get another driving ban, a fine, and a suspended sentence. Or it even gets chucked out due to lack of evidence? Then we find out they are prolific criminals with a charge sheet as long as their arm. Yet are not in jail, and making innocent people lives a misery.

The criminals are laughing at the police. Laughing at how easy the car manufacturers are making cars easy to steal. And laughing at their victims, as if you t**t one of the little F***ers, it's you who'll run the risk of going to jail.

Reactions: loftylad
So sorry to hear this, I suppose a small condolence was that this happened at your in-laws' house rather than your own, never happened to me but I'm sure you'd feel violated if it were your own home and probably want to move out...
Eek I've still got an old aluminium externally beaded window in the lounge at the back of house (as well as two large patio sliding doors/windows), I've swapped the others but been holding out as I'm hoping to extend the house at some point so didn't want to throw money on a window that will be knocked down...The guy from the window place did tell me that thieves can easily take these window out from outside :/
Hope you get it sorted fairly painlessly and that you still go for the RS3!

Sorry to hear that's happened.
Regarding the window side of it, I'm an ex Firefighter and have personally seen this done to gain entry to a house by a Window fitter. It doesn't take long at all and isn't too difficult to perform with the right tools plus it can be difficult to see once reinstated.

So sorry to hear this, I suppose a small condolence was that this happened at your in-laws' house rather than your own, never happened to me but I'm sure you'd feel violated if it were your own home and probably want to move out...
Eek I've still got an old aluminium externally beaded window in the lounge at the back of house (as well as two large patio sliding doors/windows), I've swapped the others but been holding out as I'm hoping to extend the house at some point so didn't want to throw money on a window that will be knocked down...The guy from the window place did tell me that thieves can easily take these window out from outside :/
Hope you get it sorted fairly painlessly and that you still go for the RS3!

That's what the guy from the window place will tell you! Most, not all externally glazed windows are very difficult to break in to. A lot of this type of PVC window have a security foam tape fitted to the inside to prevent the glass from being removed. A quick fix for your (soon to be replaced) aluminium windows would be to remove the internal rubber gaskets & run a bead of clear silicone (low mod neutral cure) around the inside & carefully tap the rubber gaskets back.

Reactions: HertS3
Absolutely horrific, sorry to hear, hope the scum crashed and obliterated themselves in the process!

It just furthers my argument that although you shouldn't have too, I seriously recommend you get a house alarm! that way at least you will know if someone is there before they get to you (gives you time to get to the gun cabinet...) They will also be aware that you'll be aware of them entering and they will have zero element of surprise. It won't stop 100% of them, as the hardened organised criminals that want it bad enough will find a way, but you can make it so difficult that the risk is too great for even them and they will move elsewhere! The best thing about an alarm is at least allow you to sleep peacefully, trust me, if my alarms and hidden external movement sensors went off my whole street would be up in seconds, never mind just myself!

I know it doesn't help the situation now and hindsight is a b**** but hopefully it pushes someone else towards getting one, and it gives you the peace of mind so that you do get the RS3 you were going to get, do not let them win, live your life and enjoy it.

Such cars MUST be parked in garages ..!! not just outside .. They go for S's anr RS'es ..

Such cars MUST be parked in garages ..!! not just outside .. They go for S's anr RS'es ..

I don't necessarily agree, the people that steal these high end cars are more sophisticated than the opportunistic thieves trying car doors.

They'll actually follow you home and already know where the car is, sometimes they'll scout your routine for a few days, a garage will not stop them even remotely.

A friend of mine had an S3 stolen, the so called gang were seen on CCTV a couple of times (upon re-reviewing after the theft) and they just turned up a bit before they went out for their nightly dog walk, they then broke in and took the keys. The car was garaged.

A house alarm is a must, regardless of where the car is, at night, they physically cannot sneak in un detected, it's not to say they won't still try to get the car, but they are less likely to hang around knowing a home owner is awake and possible most of the street too.

Reactions: Bryant1998
If you're lucky enough to have a house with a large enough garage. Modern garages these days aren't big enough for a car!

If you're lucky enough to have a house with a large enough garage. Modern garages these days aren't big enough for a car!

Lol, this is true. When buying the house I now have, I had my R8. Obviously it wasn't going to sit outside on the driveway, so every house I visited, I had to measure up the garage. I had to say no to some very nice houses. Lots of viewings later, only 2 houses had extra wide detached single garages.

So the car determined the house I could buy.

At the moments, if any thief wanted my S3, they'd have to break in, grab 3 sets of car keys, and move 2 other cars out of the way first before getting the S3 out of the garage. I think they might prefer an easier target.

Reactions: Adam14
I don't necessarily agree, the people that steal these high end cars are more sophisticated than the opportunistic thieves trying car doors.

They'll actually follow you home and already know where the car is, sometimes they'll scout your routine for a few days, a garage will not stop them even remotely.

A friend of mine had an S3 stolen, the so called gang were seen on CCTV a couple of times (upon re-reviewing after the theft) and they just turned up a bit before they went out for their nightly dog walk, they then broke in and took the keys. The car was garaged.

A house alarm is a must, regardless of where the car is, at night, they physically cannot sneak in un detected, it's not to say they won't still try to get the car, but they are less likely to hang around knowing a home owner is awake and possible most of the street too.
Definitely. I saw a video of a car with ghost immobiliser, getting dragged away from its home by a criminal in a tow truck.
If they want it badly enough they'll take it. Or you'll have to use more violence on them than they're willing to use on you.

Reactions: John Pilkington and Bryant1998

WHy they making garages so tiny n narrow?

I don't know why. I just know our house is relatively modern, and if fully empty can only just fit my dad's A1 in it with 5-10cm clearance either side. Only just fits lengthways too.

I don't know why. I just know our house is relatively modern, and if fully empty can only just fit my dad's A1 in it with 5-10cm clearance either side. Only just fits lengthways too.

IT is because this country is cheeky made on purpose .. ripoff if u want large u have to pay extra.. In my country dad had 2x bigger garages + could even go under car by removing lathes ..

Probably because building Regs stating minimum size of garage is still based on 1960's size of cars.

I don't know if that is true by the way. But cars are getting bigger while garages aren't.