Plea to ban motorists washing their cars in the street!

Sounds like a great plan to me... wait... what do you mean it doesn't come with complimentary paint protection and bi-annual detailing to buff out the swirl marks??

In theory, every enthusiast could just turn to natural non-toxic products (which to be fair is probably what should happen). Then the garages would not have a leg to stand on. Sounds like they're trying to screw a few more quid out of the average Joe motorist

How about do one !!

If they are willing to pay for damages the rollers make, or get them to even hand wash it again as they have missed loads when they don't speak no English, really works don't it!

I dont think i have ever let anyone else clean my car, it aint worth there ear bashing, lol

“Our car washes have to be inspected by the Environment Agency and we have to have a method of catching the oil, grease and dirty water so it doesn’t go into the main drainage system. ”

This is crap it goes into the same drainage system as the streets do.

“My members are already under threat because of falling profits they make on selling fuel and now struggling because their car wash businesses, which were a good earner, are being decimated,”

Falling profits my ***. I could believe they are loosing a lot of money from the wash side of things but that's not because people are washing there own cars it's because the mechanical washes are crap and people are using the scrape and rape washes that are popping up.

Reactions: ruffrida
My heart bleeds.Are these not the same garages that when theres a threat of a tanker dispute stick the prices up??.Tough bolllocks.
Just try touching my hose and youll have my jetwash up youre arrse

Reactions: shariain and ruffrida
It's not going to happen, business that sell car washing and detailing products would be effected. And the government would lose out on more tax.

Reactions: shariain
People are getting shot and killed in broad daylight, and its deemed car washers are this weeks 'Satan'.

I'd rather give up my car than be forced to use their car wash, the feckless w*****s want to control my car washing habits, I'll think about stopping washing it on my drive when they take supermarkets out of the forecourt and charge fair prices for fuel (should be safe on that ruling!)

Ha ha, love that emotion warren-S3!! I'm with you mate. I'll be hurled into the back of a cop car still clinging onto my wash mit and detailing brush before I stop washing my own car.