1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Playing music from Microsoft Groove Music on iPod through MMI

LDoR Dec 28, 2015

1. LDoR

LDoR likes his V6

Bit of a complex question this.

I have a Microsoft Groove music account that lets me download and stream unlimited music. The content that is downloaded is DRMed unless I buy the music outside of the normal subscription fee. I want to be able to play this in my S4 and I can't download to a USB stick as the content won't play anyway due to DRM. My thinking was i could get an iPod touch (3rd gen) install the Groove app, sync the music I want down and play through the MMI connnector.

My question is will the MMI iPod sync mechanism be able to expose the Groove music collection through the MMI so I can control it through the car controls. I'm sure iTunes music would be playable but would Groove music. Is anybody doing anything similar with Spotify for instance?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ub7rm

ub7rm Registered User

I can stream spotify to the car by Bluetooth but it doesn't work via the AMI cable. Better than nothing I suppose but it's not full functionality like you have with iPod. I would imagine Groove would work the same.

4. LDoR

LDoR likes his V6

Is that with an iPhone and the bluetooth adaptor in the MMI or do you have the 3G MMI system?

5. ub7rm

ub7rm Registered User

I think I have the 3g mmi - worked out of the box in a my 2015 s4 with nav. It's not very sophisticated, it basically treats the the car like a jumped up Bluetooth speaker, you can skip forward using the cars controls but that's it. No track lists like the iPod interface but it shows the name of the track you are listening to.