Playing Blu-Ray Audio & DVD Audio Discs

KeithJLambert

Reaction score
Hi All,

I haven't got my S3 yet but am I correct to assume that I'll not be able to play Blu-Ray Audio or DVD-Audio discs whilst I'm driving? I'm guessing that, as far as the car is concerned, it will simply recognise them as movies and prevent playback (?).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm!

Last edited:
Hi Keith,

That's correct you can't watch movies whilst you are driving but you can when you are parked!!

- Colin

Reactions: KeithJLambert
Many thanks Colin, I was hoping that there was some way of just hearing the audio on these special music discs but it seems not.....

Best to get some music discs encoded with dts or Dolby 5.1/6.1...the sound is awesome,truly special....mate

Reactions: KeithJLambert
Best to get some music discs encoded with dts or Dolby 5.1/6.1...the sound is awesome,truly special....mate

Thanks mate, advice heeded! I do have quite a few of those but until I read your reply I hadn't considered them. It's a shame I can't play my BD-Audio/DVD-Audio discs as I have some great albums in that format but the dts music only discs will be a nice consolation.

Reactions: Jassyo06
From trying a BluRay film it didn't like that format at all.

Thanks mate, advice heeded! I do have quite a few of those but until I read your reply I hadn't considered them. It's a shame I can't play my BD-Audio/DVD-Audio discs as I have some great albums in that format but the dts music only discs will be a nice consolation.

I have the When Hell Freezes over Album in DTS.....Sublime

Reactions: davc and KeithJLambert
From trying a BluRay film it didn't like that format at all.

its only a DVD player mate..but **** how they can fit Blu ray players in them now as they can make them for pennies now,so l dont know why they dont fit them in cars now for the higher res sound

Reactions: Tom.H
its not because of the cost of the hardware. the problem is with the licensing to get blu ray into an audi car.

Many thanks Colin, I was hoping that there was some way of just hearing the audio on these special music discs but it seems not.....

Although after trying a DVD for the first time today, I've noted that the audio does indeed continue playing whilst you are driving which I didn't expect. Pretty cool and allows you to listen to Concert & DVD Audio discs on the move in 5.1 :tonguewink:

Reactions: Jassyo06