Play music from phone options 2008 le mans

Gog

Reaction score
Hi:)

Now the owner of a 2008 le mans with a 2g high mmi (I think).

I've done some reading and would like some clarification please.

It appears I can't connect my phone directly over Bluetooth to stream from my phone right?

So my options are a 3.5mm ami lead?

Or a Bluetooth dongle of some kind?

Are there any other options? Or can anyone recommend a cable or Bluetooth option they are currently successfully using with android?

Is retrofitting a 3g mmi an option or major cost to do?

Any other advice welcome

You either retrofit AMI or you don't play music from your phone..... yes there are some 3rd party options but they all appear to be fairly crap. Am looking at this myself right now.

The alternate balls out option is to upgrade to MMI 3G but that looks complicated.

Thanks for the info

The ami, is that a separate black box ? Or a cable?

Can I swap out the cd player for anything else?

Yep that's the bunny - nothing's cheap on German cars...

Reactions: Gog
Do you know which pt not are compatible with an 08 2g mmi?

This guy is doing a kit for £400 pt no 4E0057785F, which it states fits.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182535331386

But if I search that pt no only his listing comes up. I don't want to pay that much but would rather try and grab one cheaper from ebay, but if he's the only one selling a compatible unit then it's not looking favourable!

Or are there other compatible units?

in theory any MOST AMI unit - not CAN should work. However open to further input form others....

Make sure you get correct AMI..
Audi Music Interface Unit with serial/model# 4E0 035 785 (A-G) ← The unit needs to have “4E0 035 785” as the base # and any alphabetical letter after that. In this case, I purchased a “4E0 035 785 B” for this project. NOTICE! AMI interfaces from A4, A5, and Q5 are NOT compatible with A6 4F! If your unit part number starts with 8T0, then it WILL NOT work with your car