1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Plastic wheel nut cover removal tool.

ianv5 May 11, 2017

1. ianv5

ianv5 Registered User

Anyone know where the plastic wheel nut cover is located in the boot of the S4 avant? Can't see one in the toolkit!

Looks like this:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400442665361

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Darren92

Darren92 Registered User

Probably just been misplaced when a wheel has been off.

4. GaryDe

GaryDe Registered User

It should be in with the tool kit. On the right side when looking from the back of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LeMans

LeMans Registered User

There are two compartments in boot, it's the one at back next to rear seats - I think!

6. NyB8

NyB8 Registered User

As suggested above, I had one and it snapped! TBH the plastic it's made from is pretty ****. In the end I just bought a cheap pair of long nosed pliers which I now keep them in the boot, just in case.

7. Meemo

Meemo Registered User

ahhh long nose pliers eeeeeeeekkk
    I like the fact the soft plastic doesnt damage the paint :)
    If its not squeezed in the black poleserine that packs the spare wheels and tools, and not in the glove, then it must have been lost when having tyres changed

8. Zafi

Zafi Registered User

£3 off ebay, buy one plus a spare

9. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

Maybe I'm a dumbhead, but, I tend to keep the bolt heads clean and the inside of the bolt covers initially clean then a slight wipe with a finger with Superlub etc on it, I've never lost a bolt cover - yet! I also bought a spare removal tool as they do tend to look a bit flimsy and to avoid using the one in the boot if working on the car(s) at home, plus I have an alloy threaded stud that I use at home for the same reason.