Plastic side trims S3

Ryan s3

Reaction score
Has anybody got any advice on retatching the plastic side trims which are clipped on the bottom of the doors.
Mine keeps un popping and bugs the hell out of me.
Is it a gentle tug to remove or do you need to slide it off.
Mine has come un attatched on 1 end but a gentle push and it normally clips back in but recently im doing it more often.
I think the whole thing needs to come off but i do not want to snap the clips

If you mean the grey plastic door blades mate,they are held on with four small screws.When you open the door you should be able to see one near the bottom of the door by the hinges,one near the back bottom corner edge of the door and two spaced in between,accessed by removing a rubber grommet in the bottom of the door.

These screws rust solid quite often,I've got some replacements for my drivers side to do as the two inner ones are stuck and really the best way to get to them is by removing the door panel so you can see them to unscrew or drill out.

Once the screws are removed the blade should slide off (backwards...I think,if I can remember correctly) I did have to tap my passenger side one I did with a rubber mallet,gently.

This is what the door looks like when the blade has been removed...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ad-my-baby-is-home.261997/page-4#post-2853721

hth

My drivers door one had came of a bit so I got good glue put some on it,Got the jack from the boot and with the car parked out a bit from the kerb I then opened the jack up against the kerb until it had opened enough to be pressing against the door and left it for about an hour and has been fine since which was about 5 months ago.

Thanks again for the advice as normal.
Ive attatched a pic with the trim all back on
20180314 175436

Got a few plans for it, a bit more power and get the exterior mint.
Just put a low mileage engine in it so should be healthy for a while now!!
Either a set of 18 inc wheels probaly bbs style or get the standard wheels refurbed, Cant make up my mind.
The turbo is brand new and OE brand.
had it nearly a year now and it was in a bit of a mess but im almost happy with it now