B7 Place your bets: DRC or something else?

BillTheButcher

Reaction score
Over the weekend I noticed a noise coming from the front axle/suspension area of my B7 RS4 Avant (which I only bought last week :sob: ). It sounds like the car's going over a plastic bottle or a metal can. Once you get over about 10 MPH the noise completely stops. Does this sound like failing DRC or some other suspension component on its way out? It had four new tyres fitted just before I bought it. I wondered if something might not have been tightened properly when they put the wheels back on.

It's booked into MRC next week but I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts about what could be wrong.

Thanks. :sos:

Have you checked all wheel nuts are tight, also look if any new weights added to rims are hitting calliper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillTheButcher
Have you checked all wheel nuts are tight, also look if any new weights added to rims are hitting calliper.
Thanks for that. I noticed that there are some very shiny, new-looking weights on all of the rims. I'll check all of those. :)

None of the above: it turned out to be two detached TPMS sensors rattling around inside the tyres. It had four new tyres fitted per-sale. Whichever muppet put them on didn't attach the sensors properly. :blink: (Countdown to the other two falling out starts now...)

Reactions: daytonamart and RS4B8LYF
None of the above: it turned out to be two detached TPMS sensors rattling around inside the tyres. It had four new tyres fitted per-sale. Whichever muppet put them on didn't attach the sensors properly. :blink: (Countdown to the other two falling out starts now...)
Three weeks later... Took it out of the garage yesterday: clank, rattle, rattle, clank. It sounds like it's coming from the same front wheel as last time but that might just be because I'm listening from inside the car.

Since I know what it is this time I think I'll take it straight to a tyre fitter rather than waiting ages for an appointment at MRC just to have them take it to their fitters.

I've been quoted £84 to replace all four valves with standard ones and rebalance the wheels. :yes: