1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Pirelli P- Zeros

Dippy Feb 14, 2018

1. Dippy

Dippy Well-Known Member

My B5 S4 was delivered on these and I hated the tram-lining. So first chance I got I changed them to Michelin PS and found those excellent, so I stayed with PSx on that car for about 14 years. When I replaced that car with my B8.5 S5 sportback, I was disappointed but not surprised to see that it had the Pirellis again. However they have not been as bad as I remember them on my S4, only a bit of tramlining which I have tolerated.

However nearly 3 years and 12,000 miles later I am starting to feel that they are behaving differently. The tram-lining seems a bit worse and the grip seems a bit less. The wheels have been rotated and there is an average of 3-4mm tread depth. The pressures are spot on - that's something that I check regularly. My S5 has the sports diff and adjustable dampers.

Has anyone else experienced that the performance of this brand of tyre degrades noticeably with wear?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ACWKGYTO

ACWKGYTO Well-Known Member

Yeah and the roads are twice as bad as they were a few years back, reevaluate in the summer but maybe its time for a change of rubber

4. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Rubber degrades with use and age .

Pirelli P Zero and Michelin PS are vague descriptions as there are many models .

5. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

I like the Pirelli P Zero R02, just had another 2 fitted to my RS to keep it o.e.