Pipewerx downpipe/de-cat

millsy75

Reaction score
Hello guys, car is having the above fitted in Jan for its stage 2. I've looked in the stickies for info and only found xs power stuff. Apologies if i've missed it. The question I have is do I need to change to an uprated dog bone engine mount? If yes, why? Where can I get one from and how will it affect the drive?

Thanks in advance. I bought the part through Awesome and nothing was mentioned about the uprated mount but I have read this elsewhere. Could somebody please confirm?

hi mate ive got the same down pipe a i didnt change the mount at first but did in the end as there isnt much room between the prop and downpipe and the harder mount stops movment

hi mate ive got the same down pipe a i didnt change the mount at first but did in the end as there isnt much room between the prop and downpipe and the harder mount stops movment

Thanks, is the ride affected with the new mount? I'm guessing its smaller then. Was there rubbing issues on the standard mount and where did you buy the uprated one from?

Hi mate it says needs uprating on the awesome website quote from the bottom of the description;

"An uprated dog bone engine mount must be fitted if you haven't already got one."

Am sure you can get them off the Awesome website they are not very expensive, your choice is wether to go for a red one or yellow, there is much debate as to which is better. I personally have had no problems with the stiffer yellow one.

Am sure you can get them off the Awesome website they are not very expensive, your choice is wether to go for a red one or yellow, there is much debate as to which is better. I personally have had no problems with the stiffer yellow one.

Thanks for your help. I've never used their website, I always phone to discuss my plans. Red or yellow! That's another decision to make! Ha ha, I haven't a clue! Lol

i put the red one on as the yellow is for track use and is very very hard

I have a yellow one and its fine after a few miles, i also have a bran new yellow in box if anyone is interested :p pm me if so

Yellow one, also buy the smaller round bush to use Use on the other end, wish i had now.

I have a superpro bush in mine and it's no problem.

i put the red one on as the yellow is for track use and is very very hard

The yellow one isn't limited to track use... it was the only one they did at the time and is no differnt to poly bushing the whole car... there are a few more vibrations but its not going to turn it into a bone shaker at all...

The red one is designed for diesels and is therefore a little softer as diesel engine inherently have more vibrations anyway...

I have run a yellow dogbone bush and uprated engine mounts for years and there is no loss of comfort...

The yellow bushes need to settle is all... most people complain they vibrate like mad when first fitted which they do then it settles down...

<tuffty/>