Pipe pushing off

Locotoolman

Reaction score
My car seems to be trying to push this pipe off. I've changed the clip and it's really tight, was wondering if anyone has any ideas. It's stage 1 but tbh I'm sure it was doing it before the remap.

It won't come off... the end has a bead so will stay in place... it shouldn't leak either..

Its a good idea to clean both the end of the charge pipe and the inside of the hose with brake cleaner or similar before fitting... best clips to use are JCS Hi-Grip

Silicon hoses tend to grip a little better than the OE stuff but they still move... its normal...

<tuffty/>

As said decent jubilees! I have a hydraulics place near my work i go to and they sell really good quality stainless clamps ive belted them right up and had no issues, dirt cheap too! Might be worth a look :)

Thanks for the replies. I think the bead is stopping it because it doesn't seem to go any further, just thought it was weird because my last S3 never did that. I'll give it a good clean and get some proper clamps.

My s3 only started doing that when I got it mapped

My s3 only started doing that when I got it mapped
I can probably understand that but when I bought the car before I got it mapped it was like that. My old S3 was mapped and never did that either.