Pipe and Nomex slippers...

dbm

Reaction score
After being an Audi driver for about 21 years, it was time for my current steed to go to pastures new:
Untitled Artwork 5

I am officially an old man because I’ve bought a Mercedes...

Untitled Artwork 4

Untitled Artwork 3

Untitled Artwork 2

Untitled Artwork 1

I have to say that I think both Audi and VW have gone too far with their touch screen obsessions, so considering all the options of smallish, fast and AWD the A-series Mercs was my best choice, and since I’ve had two Sportback RS3s I fancied a change so went with the CLA 45S.
It‘s brand new (nearly new was the same price!) so I’ll be running it in before I give it the full beans, but even on partial throttle it’s an impressive machine.
This is a great forum so I’m sure I’ll still be around from time to time, maybe next time Audi will get their interior mojo back...

Reactions: Moots, K96, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
@dbm car looks amazing. Enjoy. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and dbm
@dbm omg what have you gone and done ? :blink: :icon thumright:

21 years wow, I thought I was a long time @ 12 years. Same reasons as you for changing though.
I went hatch but the CLA wins the award for best looks - one of the best looking cars on the road atm imo.
Looks fantastic congrats mate I know you will enjoy the car immensely - I've had mine a year and it still feels special.

Agreed - ASN does take some beating :yes:

Reactions: Sandra and dbm
21 years wow, I thought I was a long time @ 12 years.
Been a journey and no mistake. Forgive the rubbish quality, early digital cameras were poor...

My first Audi, an S3 bought stock but eventually I spent about £5k on extensive mods...
34B3FF48 E90F 45D8 BFAE 13E705906D17
Next came my 3.2Q, a bit more ‘grown up‘
Car3e
But I got over it and bought a TTS;
08B4741C 8B14 4A3B 8178 278B23232B6E
I never planned to buy an RS3 but saw one in my local dealership and went looking after that:
RS3
That was a fab car, and when I came to replace it there was only one choice, almost more of the same.
RS3 2
That’s 21 years of motoring; I tend to keep my cars for a while and they have all been really solid ownership propositions.
And if anyone is wondering, no, I’ve never repainted my garage door!

Reactions: Moots and Snake Pliskin
Been a journey and no mistake. Forgive the rubbish quality, early digital cameras were poor...

My first Audi, an S3 bought stock but eventually I spent about £5k on extensive mods...
View attachment 235495
Next came my 3.2Q, a bit more ‘grown up‘
View attachment 235496
But I got over it and bought a TTS;
View attachment 235497
I never planned to buy an RS3 but saw one in my local dealership and went looking after that:
View attachment 235498
That was a fab car, and when I came to replace it there was only one choice, almost more of the same.
View attachment 235499
That’s 21 years of motoring; I tend to keep my cars for a while and they have all been really solid ownership propositions.
And if anyone is wondering, no, I’ve never repainted my garage door!
Cars are all awesome. The garage door would like nice in white, lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin