PioneerAVH-X8700BT fitting help

Ah I see, in that case I'd just be after the basic harness adapter. Thanks for your help Millsy.

I've currently got a pioneer head unit in my car and I have steering wheel controls. I've got the connect 2 harness sitting in my loft. Has anyone got a pic of how it goes together? Which wires go where. Would like to get this fitted for the summer as I miss my controls

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've currently got a pioneer head unit in my car and I have steering wheel controls. I've got the connect 2 harness sitting in my loft. Has anyone got a pic of how it goes together? Which wires go where. Would like to get this fitted for the summer as I miss my controls

The second part of this video might help:

Although it's for a different model, the wiring guide was pretty useful for me.

I assumed it was this
9622f576e1ed50f4ab1d41ff3e3a07a0.jpg

Instead of this! Simple to do :)

124a5f91b4840a0915bdc7ddc78150dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on fitting the ol' AVH-X8700BT.

Received the Connects2 CT20AU02 harness about 3 weeks ago. However, the company sent me a CT20AU03, so the aerial jack and fakra adapter doesn't fit. After sending a load of e-mails, I'm currently waiting for them to un-f@ck themselves, but it's not looking promising given the level of customer service I've received so far. Seriously, don't buy anything from Car Audio Centre!

Spent most of today fitting the unit. Got off to a rocky start, as the Connects2 cage didn't fit in the double-din cage in my dash. So, after filing about 1mm off the plastic bits each side, it eventually squeezed in. I ended up piggybacking the rear wiper fuse for powering the unit, as it was one of the very few that are ignition enabled - all others were constant live.

Not had a chance to play with it, but some aesthetic cons are:
- The top of the Connects2 fascia doesn't sit flush with the dash (my OCD is off the charts)
- The clips on the secondary fascia that hides the metal tabs arrived broken (another e-mail to a company)
- There is a wider-than-desired gap between the unit face and secondary fascia on the right hand side, which unfortunately I can't seem do anything about!

Although it's taken over a month to get this fitted, and three different companies have messed me around in one way or another, I'm excited to get it all working.

I bought all the various bits from Car Audio Centre without any problems.
No issue with the main fascia - the secondary one I've got a gap as well. I ended up removing the legs on the secondary fascia and trimming it down all round so it sits flush. It's attached with tiny magnets on the back. However what I didn't realise is that for the faceplate to flip up correctly the secondary fascia needs to sit proud of the unit to allow the movement.

As this was a popular thread I'll try in here :)

Where is a good place to put an earth in the centre console? I've fitted a Dynavin head unti but need to add a filter which needs to be earthed...

As this was a popular thread I'll try in here :)

Where is a good place to put an earth in the centre console? I've fitted a Dynavin head unti but need to add a filter which needs to be earthed...

You could feed the wire to where the fuse box is on the right hand side of the dash, and earth it using a ring or fork connector and the screw on the small metal strut there (which is part of the vehicle metalwork).

Thanks for the reply mate appreciate it. I'll have a look, although the filter I need to fit hasn't got the longest cable in the world so I'll probably need to add to it if it's all the way across there...

I ended up removing the legs on the secondary fascia and trimming it down all round so it sits flush. It's attached with tiny magnets on the back.

I'm interested in your magnet method. Do the magnets stick to the metal tabs of the cage?

A din aerial booster will work perfect in this car and have good reception.

The reason the unit isn't coming on is because the red ignition wire is not connected to anything. It's still coiled up with a elastic band around it. All radios need permanent, Earth and ignition to work. You have no ignition supply connected.

Once the red is connected and aerial boaster installed should all work perfect. This is a 20 minute job to do if have all the parts and know what doing.
that is a pure bullcrap i have audi a3 and i connected the power cable and radio auto powered up .. I have trouble to turn it off ! I took out car key, locked car and radio was still playing ..
only removing lcd will turn radio off .. !!

that is a pure bullcrap i have audi a3 and i connected the power cable and radio auto powered up .. I have trouble to turn it off ! I took out car key, locked car and radio was still playing ..

Wow - nice entrance to the forum.

Reactions: leshkin

You wired your head unit incorrectly if it's doing that. Read the manual that came with the HU and your wiring adapter properly.

I also agree with @samuelh_888 - you need to work on your forum etiquette matey.

I'm interested in your magnet method. Do the magnets stick to the metal tabs of the cage?
... err a bit late replying but yes ... I glued the magnets with superglue to the plastic insert lining them up with the metal cage tabs ...

You wired your head unit incorrectly if it's doing that. Read the manual that came with the HU and your wiring adapter properly.

I also agree with @samuelh_888 - you need to work on your forum etiquette matey.
I didn't in halfords they sold me the wiring adapter I just connected and radio turned on auto .. there is no need wiring nothing just connecting
But when I remove LCD it goes off ...

Peto Pedro - You wired it wrong. SIMPLES

The adapter is wrong. :p
In halfords said it is the one.. there is no any other they said.. I bought Radio from them pioneer so they asked me what car I got I said Audi and they automatically gave me appropriate cable.. so don't know.. I have few cables still disconnected..