Pioneer Double Din Fascia options.

Do you have a TPS account then chap, in my part of the world TPS will "NOT" deal with non motor trade now and they want to see proof if one doesn't have an account, they used to but have stopped it and wont budge.
Now that's why I didn't get any search results mentioning tps. Ok well my post can stay as it is in regards to the cage, I for one am not motor trade. For my reference where in the world are you??

Do you need a fascia with the standard Audi double din head unit Rob?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You will need an aftermarket fascia and / or a fascia kit for use with any aftermarket HU full stop weather its single DIN or Double DIN.
Only audi oem units will fit in without changing any fascia's etc.

Now i'm glad you listed that lot as it does relate to the reason for this original thread.

The 2DIN fascia's do vary a bit , I had the one in your list with my pioneer and it was ok but the the hu unit trim was allways loose and pinged off sometimes.
Connects do several fascia's but you need to do a bit of looking .
One of them just slides in whereas the other type bolts in with the two trim bolts , to be honest the bolt in fascia is a much better option and the finish is more oem than the slide in flavour.
Well prettywell what I wrote at the start of this thread...lol.

maybe worth looking at the options for fascia before rushing into one.
In terms of the single din to double din conversion and wiring, is it a skilled electrician job or is it pretty simple??

Very straight forward, it just plugs together...easy peasy lemon squeezy..:yes: , that's why it makes life so much easier if you get the correct kit/parts to start with.
Depending on what head unit you are using you just snip the correct linkwire in the patch lead. you'll need to connect the ariel adapter aswell, all very straight forward and instructions come with the parts.

So are you converting to a full 2 DIN setup now then.
Yes definitely, it's more appealing and takes years of the interior. I'm guessing the guy at dynamic sounds may have been trying to sway me into driving like 300 miles to London just so they can suck my eyes out with a straw by charging me daft money to install a hu

Yes definitely, it's more appealing and takes years of the interior. I'm guessing the guy at dynamic sounds may have been trying to sway me into driving like 300 miles to London just so they can suck my eyes out with a straw by charging me daft money to install a hu
Can't afford a flash unit like yours though, I'm just looking towards a reasonable pioneer one. Fml Rob I've just checked price on your unit, that's unbelievable man, very deep pockets.

They do sell kit at very good prices , I have bought a fair few bits from them but never used them for fitting etc as i'm a very hands on type of person.
I must say that thus far the Alpine HU I have now with the nicer one piece fascia looks far more OEM than previous installs, dare I say , excellent.:yahoo:

They do sell kit at very good prices , I have bought a fair few bits from them but never used them for fitting etc as i'm a very hands on type of person.
I must say that thus far the Alpine HU I have now with the nicer one piece fascia looks far more OEM than previous installs, dare I say , excellent.:yahoo:
Oh so it's not the Pioneer AVIC-Z820DAB you have now??

Its an Alpine iLX702D ,
single din chassis but with a double din screen.
Also gives a bit more room for the wiring behind....
The more I mess around with it the better it becomes.:icon thumright:

Its an Alpine iLX702D ,
single din chassis but with a double din screen.
Also gives a bit more room for the wiring behind....
The more I mess around with it the better it becomes.:icon thumright:
Very nice.. however I do like your pioneer one.

Best plan is to go with something that you like , does what you want and works.
My preferred unit is allways going to be pioneer , I tried an alpine a while back in my B7 and it was , disappointing for a better word.
I saw the Alpine in the ASN classifieds and seemed like a possible route to take to replace the faulty pioneer.
I did a bit of research into the unit I have now before taking a leap of faith with Alpine again, It has paid off big time 2nd time around.

If I was being super picky it would be the lack of a CD/DVD , not so much from an audio standpoint as I have now mastered transferring all my cd collection to my iPhone , its great.
But I have lost my dvd playback , so I cant watch dvd's in the car now which I enjoyed with the pioneer.
It can be overcome anyway if I just buy the optional HDMI external CD/DVD player , which I will be in a few weeks.
All in its a win , win situation.

Best plan is to go with something that you like , does what you want and works.
My preferred unit is allways going to be pioneer , I tried an alpine a while back in my B7 and it was , disappointing for a better word.
I saw the Alpine in the ASN classifieds and seemed like a possible route to take to replace the faulty pioneer.
I did a bit of research into the unit I have now before taking a leap of faith with Alpine again, It has paid off big time 2nd time around.

If I was being super picky it would be the lack of a CD/DVD , not so much from an audio standpoint as I have now mastered transferring all my cd collection to my iPhone , its great.
But I have lost my dvd playback , so I cant watch dvd's in the car now which I enjoyed with the pioneer.
It can be overcome anyway if I just buy the optional HDMI external CD/DVD player , which I will be in a few weeks.
All in its a win , win situation.
Yeah I very much doubt I'd be buying anything as high end as yours. Does something like that do anything better or extra that justifies the price?

I can only base that on my personal experience so far .
The Pioneer units are very good what ever end of the scale you are looking at, and if you don't mind buying a unit that is a couple of years old you can get a very good spec device for a lot less pennies.
The unit I have now has a much better BT setup and BT audio is far better compared to the pioneer , Audio adjustments are better , Apple car play is brill and the voice control works very well, google maps is spot on.
Display quality is far better aswell, its just a better unit compared to what has been in the car to date.

But it's all down to personal choice and preference, I know we allways say this but that's how thing are, what works for me may not be as good for you.

Its allways good to get as much feedback as possible on a subject before taking a leap of faith , but at the end of the day, that's what it is really.

hope that make sense.

I can only base that on my personal experience so far .
The Pioneer units are very good what ever end of the scale you are looking at, and if you don't mind buying a unit that is a couple of years old you can get a very good spec device for a lot less pennies.
The unit I have now has a much better BT setup and BT audio is far better compared to the pioneer , Audio adjustments are better , Apple car play is brill and the voice control works very well, google maps is spot on.
Display quality is far better aswell, its just a better unit compared to what has been in the car to date.

But it's all down to personal choice and preference, I know we allways say this but that's how thing are, what works for me may not be as good for you.

Its allways good to get as much feedback as possible on a subject before taking a leap of faith , but at the end of the day, that's what it is really.

hope that make sense.
Yeah it's all good.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Right the fascia part is ,
CT23AU06 from connects2.

Ct23

Reactions: Shaun Osborne