1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Double Din Fascia options.

Just Rob. Sep 6, 2019

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

Evening chaps,
    I'm looking for some clarification on aftermarket Fascia's if possible.
    Since I've started back on the pioneer double din route i'm in need of a fascia kit again but before I went with the same kit that I used last time I wanted to be sure it was the only option to be honest.
    My last connects2 kit used a main fascia plate and also the thinner head unit trim , but I have seen a few install's that just used a single fascia plate which looked a much more cleaner finish compared to 2 trims being fitted.
    If anyone can expand on this i'd be very greatfull.

cheers
    rob

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Nozrul Islam

Nozrul Islam Active Member

Rob, which model you going with?

4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

After looking into it more than I normally do I'm going with a Pioneer AVIC-Z820DAB 7" WiFi Navigation Media Station with Reversing Camera , managed to source one at a big reduction so worth going with it.
    just need to sort out the fascia .

HOGG likes this.
  5. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Let me know how you get on and I'll follow suit in the near future.

Just bought vcds tonight. Hopefully here next week!! Spending monies like water...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Just Rob.

will do.:icon thumright:

7. Just Rob.

Today received the fascia plate I have been looking for, nice matt finish aswell and far nicer than the previous fascia plate I used with pioneer double din head unit.

8. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Keep track of what you're buying and where from. I'm totally going to replicate your setup

9. Just Rob.

Just finished fitting things, will update after my sea bass and chips....:yes:

10. Just Rob.

Not the best pic in the dark , but even in reduced light fascia is so much better than my last surround for an aftermarket Head unit.

will do a daylight for better image.
    What I really like about pioneer kit is that it works spot on out of the box, everything is quick and easy to setup.
    BT picked up my iPhone straight away , ready to use really does put the older audi kit to shame really.
    I don't have mfsw control anymore with the rs4 fbsw but then that doesn't worry now , I have a remote with the head unit so another bonus .
    Does everything I need inc cd and dvd playback etc with 7" screen , sound reproduction is brilliant.
    very happy for a change.

radio3.JPG

Stanningtonglen likes this.
  11. Stanningtonglen

Stanningtonglen Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group

Like the look of that
    As your old sat nav worked with a disc, how does this one work ??

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Just Rob.

It has a dedicated add on module that uses SD card.

14. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Does it do mirroring?

15. Just Rob.

whats that?

16. Arrkon

Arrkon Back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

clones the phone screen ont the HU.

Just fitted my double din pioneer into the new b7 with the "ControlPro" from connects2 so i can use the mfsw i've just retrofitted...If i remembered the slip ring needed to change too :sob:

17. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

I'm worried I may need a slip ring. I'm going to plug my vcds in later and check if my mfsw starts working

18. Just Rob.

Not all B7's need a change in module , just depends really .
    SE variants sometimes have a compatible module which just needs coding in but aswith all things audi , nothing is ever straight forward and one should never assume it will be.:icon thumright:

19. HOGG

HOGG Active Member

Plugging in tomorrow lol

With me new vcds

20. Just Rob.

slightly better pic.
    off to see a man about retrimming my recaro's now.
    radio4.JPG

21. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

This looks very good Rob, I've got the Avic X810DAB in my motah & I used the Connects 2 fitting kit & facia which utilises the original Stereo units trim ring as well. I also used the Connects 2 Steering Wheel control module & all the controls on it work as they should which is kinda handy...... :icon thumright:
    Avic X810DAB.JPG

I much prefer the one piece look of the one you've used though.
    Can you tell me its make & Part Number? This looks like a mod that just has to done! :congratulatory:

Just Rob. likes this.
  22. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

Oh, by the way, the navigation function of the Pioneer is brilliant! Very impressed with the way it works.
    Just thought I'd say........

Just Rob. likes this.
  23. Just Rob.

That was the fascia that was supplied with my first connects2 kit , this time round I managed to find the same kit but with a nicer surround for £25.00 all in so very pleased on that purchase.

i'll look back for the part number , it is much better fit aswell.

24. boffin486

I like the better fit aspect - the one I'm using causes the cup holder to jam & it has to be pried out with a knife when I want to use it........
    Not the most convenient thing when balancing a cup of Coke (other brews are available) in one hand whilst fighting a cup holder with the other. :grumpy:

Just Rob. likes this.
  25. Just Rob.

Also this time round I used the pioneer cage supplied with the headunit , not the connects2 cage.
    I wasn't impressed with the connect2 cage to be honest and the fascia was allways a bit rattly, with the pioneer cage and the new two section facsia it is very snug and rattle free, just a better fit to be honest.

26. Just Rob.

The first kit was the same as yours, it was ok but had it's shortfalls , but like most things second time round I have learnt by my earlier mistakes.
    IMG_20161120_113229 (2)oem4.jpg

Stanningtonglen and boffin486 like this.
  27. Alpinachris

Alpinachris Member

My surround needs replacing,rattles, as 2 holding pins are broken.That replacement looks good.if I could get the details also?

28. Just Rob.

I had the HU out today for another job but couldn't find a part number on the fascia .
    Looking at the kit I bought i'm not convinced the fascia is a connects2 item to be honest, looks very similar to their item but hard to see and compare between them from connects pic.
    On my fascia the fascia inner edge is bevelled , but on the connects it looks to be just a square recess, maybe just the images.
    Anyway, connects2 do several fascia options as just fascia kits or fascia surrounds.
    have a looks here and see what you think.
    https://connects2.com/products/facia-kits/vehicle/Audi

Its a two piece item same as this , but with out the filler section.
    https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT24AU06