Pin Out / Wiring Diagram (Rear LED cluster)

N

Nick Sutton

Hi everyone,

I'm after a wiring diagram / pin out for the rear lights.
I have OEM LEDs clusters as standard on the S-Line, I've looked all over the web, but couldn't find anything.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

LED tail light Page 1
LED tail light Page 2
LED tail light Page 3
LED tail light Page 4

Reactions: Nick Sutton
A few more, if you please!

Could anyone let me know the colour or location of a permanent live near the rear brake cluster?
I've found the 12v socket in the rear is only switched live (ing on), and I could do with it being permanently live..

Also, could anyone share the wiring diagram to the top brake light, located in the spoiler? Thanks!

On the subject of rear LED cluster. Would I need any adapters or harness to change from the standard halogen rear clusters to the LED versions?

Do you have the pinout information for the MMI touchpad dial in the center console?

I will have this information but I'm not near my laptop at the moment. Hopefully get this information to you tomorrow night.

Reactions: rcnacura
A few more, if you please!

Could anyone let me know the colour or location of a permanent live near the rear brake cluster?
I've found the 12v socket in the rear is only switched live (ing on), and I could do with it being permanently live..

Also, could anyone share the wiring diagram to the top brake light, located in the spoiler? Thanks!

It may be possible to make the rear socket live without ignition on with the fuse position move. This has been described elsewhere and makes the front socket permanently live so possibly the rear also? Will need to check this of course.

What are you trying to do, out of interest, Nick?

I'm sick of spending a fortune on the hide-away-LED lights fitted to our safety cars, so, was wanting to experiment to see if I can use the OEM LEDs in the rear clusters and top brake light with the same strobe controllers... Saves pulling the car apart to install additional LEDs basically.

So I'm thinking I should just be able to 'latch' on to the existing wiring for rear brake LEDs and perhaps the fogs two which should alternate flash rather than strobe, because these aren't LED, I don't think!..

Just a cheeky bump for the top rear brake light wiring diagram if I may, thanks guys?
It's a great resource you have here!

Nick

Do you have the pinout information for the MMI touchpad dial in the center console?

MMI Seems to be all can bus type connections and therefore I doubt that you can use touch pad as a USB device without knowing the electronics of the controllers.

Attachments

• E380 --1.jpg
    E380 --1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,813
  • MMI NAV plus_Page_1.jpg
    MMI NAV plus_Page_1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3,550
  • MMI NAV plus_Page_2.jpg
    MMI NAV plus_Page_2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4,447
  • MMI NAV plus_Page_3.jpg
    MMI NAV plus_Page_3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 4,132
  • MMI NAV plus_Page_4.jpg
    MMI NAV plus_Page_4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,287
  • MMI NAV plus_Page_5.jpg
    MMI NAV plus_Page_5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,237
  • MMI Nav_Page_1.jpg
    MMI Nav_Page_1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 6,609
  • MMI Nav_Page_2.jpg
    MMI Nav_Page_2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,030
Additional brake light
High level brake light M25
Additional brake light High level brake light M25
Just a cheeky bump for the top rear brake light wiring diagram if I may, thanks guys?
It's a great resource you have here!

Nick

Seems the only view of the additional high level brake light is shown on diagram with normal rear lights but still comes from control module J519

Excellent - thanks for this. Where did you get the info from if you don't mind me asking?

Attachments

• J519_Page_1.jpg
    J519_Page_1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3,325
  • J519_Page_2.jpg
    J519_Page_2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Dash panel_Page_1.jpg
    Dash panel_Page_1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,911
  • Dash panel_Page_2.jpg
    Dash panel_Page_2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,909
  • A pill trim bottom_Page_1.jpg
    A pill trim bottom_Page_1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,855
Handy! Could you confirm if I'm right in thinking that applying 12v to the correct bulb line will illuminate the LEDs, or is it more complicated matter?

Handy! Could you confirm if I'm right in thinking that applying 12v to the correct bulb line will illuminate the LEDs, or is it more complicated matter?

I would be very careful here as you could blow the control module by back feeding a 12 volt supply. This would be very expensive to replace I would imagine! :dread:

Actually, if I measure what is across the wires when the LEDs are activated, and just match that, there shouldn't be a problem should there? I was wondering if I'd get any errors etc for illuminating the LEDs without the car knowing, so to speak..

Thank you again! Do you know where to get the steering wheel controls from and the wiring associated with it? I have something (joycon) that I thought turned the canbus signal into usable frequencies, but am stuck as its not functioning by tapping into the canbus H/L from the back of the MMI unit.

Actually, if I measure what is across the wires when the LEDs are activated, and just match that, there shouldn't be a problem should there? I was wondering if I'd get any errors etc for illuminating the LEDs without the car knowing, so to speak..

Yes should be ok and you could always put a diode in-line to stop 12 volts going back to the controller

Thank you again! Do you know where to get the steering wheel controls from and the wiring associated with it? I have something (joycon) that I thought turned the canbus signal into usable frequencies, but am stuck as its not functioning by tapping into the canbus H/L from the back of the MMI unit.

No sorry I do not know, other from Audi, where you could source parts from but when I get a moment I will have a look on ETKA for OEM codes. What model do you have, i.e. S line spec etc.?

I have the base US MMI + Radio on a Premium 2.0T.

I'm thinking that I might have to get the signal directly from the steering wheel (do you know the wire information for that by chance)? I'm hoping that I don't have to go this route and can just continue to use the Canbus signal on the MMI as I was originally thinking would work.

Anyone no a pin readout for facelift headlights from 2013 too 2017- thanks

I have access to the repair manual for the A3 8V models
Hi mate I was wondering if you could help me out I’ve got an rs3 sedan 2017 model and it hasn’t got wireless charging which I opted out for. Regret it now though we’ll anyway I’ve inserted the storage compartment and module antenna and got the wiring which a 6 pin plug and a 1pin aerial wire but I dnt know where to connect these to! Would appreciate it thank u