Pilot Supersport 4s on S4

Jay Be

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking around for new tyres. My B9 S4 came with Conti CS6 tyres when I bought it 12 months ago but they have worn so quickly! Never know anything like it for tyre wear. I am thinking of purchasing a set of Michelin PS4s. The reviews seem to be great with excellent grip, reduced noise, double the longevity and even look good. Has anyone got a set of these currently for an S4? Just looking for some honest opinions from my fellow Audi enthusiasts :)

Cheers

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just like I put on another thread, I’ll throw in that the Hankooks that came on my S4 have been really good which surprised me a lot. Have 16k miles on them, minus a couple thousand when I ran winters last year, and they still have about 6mm tread. Good grip and not as expensive at the PS4S.

That said, I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about the PS4S as well, including wear, so I’d say that either are a good shout and it just depends if you want to save a little cash or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jay Be, RobbieWebs and Thundercliffe81
I have them after having a blowout with the super soft Contis. Highly recommend the PS4s

Reactions: rasA4
I’ve got PS4s on my B9 A4 3.0TDI and much better than previous Contis which lasted less than 10000 miles. I’d say quieter and better grip. Paid about £170 fitted per tyre from Black Circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankooks marked R01!
20180809 PNEUS NOVOS nas jantes PQ5 com 7000km 2
20180713 Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 24535ZR19 93Y XL AO 2a
. The
20180715 Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 24535ZR19 93Y XL AO 1

Reactions: cuke2u
Where are the mods?

Reactions: Daggerit
They only need the look in the A4 B9 forum, lots of info scattered about in there :whistle2:

Reactions: rasA4 and Daggerit
Hehe, not sure if I wish to be, might clip my wings too much ;-)

Reactions: pierreluigi88
I’ve got them on my RS5. Favourite tyre but definitely noisier than the Conti6s.

Reactions: Jay Be
So many tyre threads....
Yep, and you don’t have to comment on all of them do you?!

I literally just wanted some quick, up to date opinions. I don’t want to be trawling though posts to get answers. I had a 5 spare mins so thought I’d post. Rather than being sarcastic, I’d appreciate a more useful response politely letting me know there are other historic posts that may help.

Also, if it’s no interest to you, just ignore it. I’m sure you have better things to do.... or maybe not :)

Thanks ;)

I’ve got them on my RS5. Favourite tyre but definitely noisier than the Conti6s.
Oh really? I thought they’d be quieter. The noise levels for the PS4s are slightly lower than the Conti’s, according to specs anyway.

Oh really? I thought they’d be quieter. The noise levels for the PS4s are slightly lower than the Conti’s, according to specs anyway.

My Conti 6s has some some sort of “SuperSilent” logo on them. Never noticed on previous contis. Only ever had PS4Ss as rears only on my previous car (cars before that had the older MPSS) and never noticed any increased road noise but they are definitely considerably noisier on the RS5 as a full set than the Contis are.

Typically the 'super silent' tyres have a sound damping foam component on the underside of the tread surface. It removes all possibility of a tread surface puncture repair - not that most of us would take the risk anyway.

Reactions: cuke2u