Pieces for lowering a '92 100 CS

jimbabwe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my first time posting here, as I've finally got the money to start playing around with my new (as in currently acquired ;)) audi. I've done a bit of research on it, and it seems there are not a ton of info on modifying these cars. Just wondering if any of you could give me any advice on any of the parts I've found, or suggest anything I seem to be missing. Oh I live in the US btw.

So what I've come to a conclusion about is I need shocks/struts, and new springs.

As far as springs go I've found H&R, Jamex (which appears to be sold mostly in the UK so shipping issues I suppose), and intrax. Reviews on H&R were better then the other two brands.

The H&R springs I found lower 3.8-6cm which is about what I'm looking for, although I couldn't find if they lowered the front more then the rear (is that normal?)

As far as shocks/struts go I found Bilstein and oem repalcment parts like Monroe.

Bilstein shocks look to be what I'm looking for in the shock/strut department. From what I understand I need stiffer shocks/struts from a lowered suspension, which means the sports right? As the heavy duty is for SUVs and touring wouldn't be stiff enough? I figured out which shocks are which in their pdf product catalog. So sports again for those correct?

That's about all I could find, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but it could almost fit into a couple of them. Thanks ahead of time.

-jimbabwe