Apr 11, 2016
great old bus and went very well but the sound was unbelievable, probably the best sound ever.
I had 3 Calibras at one point (still do). 2 V6s & a 2.0 litre.
Had many cars over the years - heres a few more.
Mk 1 Opel Manta
A Riley Pathfinder
A nice mk II Cavalier
My Mk II Capri
My Mk III Capri
My much missed V8 Landrover (Just after being the stage clearing marshal on the Granite City Rally)
Shoulda kept em all..........
My current RS5
VW Golf R
VW Golf GTI
Ford Fiesta XR2i
My first car. It was 16 years old when I bought it.!
Had this between 1998 - 2009 (the red one), bought as standard but I heavily modded it with body kit, alloys, suspension, heavy duty clutch, exhausts with decat, air filter, ECU, boost controller, lightweight flywheel and crank pulley amongst other stuff.
It was crazy fast and still miss it to this day.
Some quality motors lads.
Think you win
Great thread! Audi fanboy much?
Some brilliant cars on here !!! A few pics of a few previous of mine, still got the subaru, which is a beast ! The m5 was disappointing The Honda was an absolute hoot ! Really wish I kept that now I used to have a thing for pug gti6's and had a rallye which was one of the best cars I've ever owned for grin factor
My Cupra 280 just before I got rid of it.
Glad I wasn't sat in the back of that
White spitfire was mine... blue GT6 was his, but shared... in 1970
Reliant Kitten next... purchased for £50 and fully restored by 45bvtc... in 1985...
MG Metro Turbo 1990...kept this for 17 years...super car...
A2 1.6 FSI 2003...
Audi TT 3.2 2003...another super car
Did that polish out ok?
A few more to add to "our" 39-years of Lotus stuff (#9, #10, and #11) and RS3copilot's previous post:
My/our first car was a Rover 60, don't ask, purchased for £50 and sold for £50 a year later - here in a "don't take that or you'll get a smack" courtship photo:
A 1964 Triumph Spitfire, mega fast in the day, really: relationship was getting strong here so off to the woods...
Swapped the Spitfire for a 1967 Triumph GT6, great engine but the gearbox kept shredding 2nd gear, and that rear suspension tuck-in still had a mind of its own, however, still holding on to the "copilot" and married now...
The GT6 (and RS3copilot's Spitire (love, eh!)) was swapped for the Lotus Europa Twin Cam in 1972, see previous....
Numerous "company-provided" MG Montego Turbo's followed, including this one, "kissed" under Spaghetti junction, lol:
Took it back to Longbridge and swapped it for a green one...
But back to "provide your own cars" and a fabulous Carlton GSI3000 supported the Lotus Elan Sprint and Plus 2:
But after 10-years got bored and went S3; this, I thought we'd be keeping forever - and then Stafford Audi had an RS3 demonstrator, tsk:
But then, alongside our still "current" RS3 and TT we needed an ambulance so back for another A2 but this time a 90bhp TD1:
Brilliant car, but got bored with that after a while - the TT and RS3 DSG was just oh so much more - and so we went for a supercharged/turbocharged 185bhp/7-speed DSG A1 - what a cracking car, on smooth roads...
Then just recently, tired of the "ride" the A1 got swapped for an SQ5; not much difference I'll grant you, but the SQ5 is sooo complete it beats both our current TT and RS3 for everyday use: I can strongly recommend a 2016 Aud SQ5, gob smackingly brilliant, just sayin'
Now I get the "H"
And the (Lotus type) 45bvtc, maybe...
S-Type I used to have with a friends Aston
Jag after the storms of Jan 2012
Jag after it slipped out of park without hand brake on
That jag had a death wish
Sold it for less than I paid for the alloys less than a year previous!!!
Really nice thread, really interesting seeing what other people have owned. As I've only been driving for three years my post will be a bit on the short side.
Current, although up for sale 2.0 TDI A3 kitted out with options:
Previous A3 1.9 TDI, loved this motor, easily the most reliable car out of the three:
Aaand my first car, Golf 1. 6 FSI SE. Had quite a few problems with this troublesome car:
Only a few cars so far but I'm excited for the coming years to see what's next.
I've had some wierd and wonderful cars in my 13 year driving career:
1) 2006 - First car, the obligatory Corsa. It was a 1994 1.4 8v and very slightly quicker than walking, cost me £400 and gave me 18 months of trouble free driving:
(not my car, but similar - black bumpers...)
2) 2007 - a 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 DTurbo. 92bhp of diesel power but felt like a spaceship compared to the corsa:
3) 2007 - Slightly newer Peugeot 306 DTurbo in black, I only had this a couple of month:
4) 2008 - First RWD: a 1996 BMW 318is Coupe, only 10bhp less than the 320i and considerably more economical.
5) 2008 or 2009 - Not to everyone's taste but I regret selling this car. Back to the world of peugeot, a geniune Dimma kitted Peugeot 306. Started life as the 2.0 16v S16 but ended up with a 2.2 Diesel from a 406 with BMW 330d VNT turbo, Mercedes AMG injectors, Porsche Boxter brakes, running roughly 250bhp and 550nm torque, it was a bit of a beast.
6 & 7) 2011 - Bit of a change of direction here but went for a 2006 Chrysler 300c 3.0 V6 diesel and a 1996 Land rover discovery 300tdi with off-road tyres, lots of fun, shame about the chrysler:
8) 2013 - Downsized both when i started working further away and had a 60 mile/day commute - a 2011 Citroen DS3 in yellow, 60-70mpg but aged like an old leather suitcase, i got rid when it was 4-5yr old and it felt like a 15yr old car:
9) 2015 - My first brand new car, 2015 Skoda Octavia VRS diesel, loved it - here it is parked next to my girlfriend's abarth - also a great car:
10) 2018 - The reason i ended up joining this forum, 2010 Audi S4 in Sprint Blue. Crashed it last week though so just waiting to see if it'll be repaired or not:
Umm just a couple of the "old" cars I had if buses count lol
Must try to find the Mk1 Escorts, Mk1 Gti's e.t.c. Countless SRi's and then into the quality era of Audi's and a Renault Sport Spider thrown in for luck!
I probably only have a handful of pic's for the 20 years plus history.
I've only been driving for just under 5 years now so I haven't owned as many cars as most of you, only just onto my second!
The first car was a 2006 VW Polo 1.6 Sport. Quite a fun and nippy first car I think.
I've now upgraded to this 2010 Audi A4 Avant B8 S-Line Special Edition 2.0TFSI Quattro:
Separate names with a comma.