1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of your old cars?

Raiden Apr 11, 2016

1. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Been loading up my loft with **** this weekend and I came across some old pictures of my Golf GTI's I used own. I totally thought I lost these pictures as some of the youth today when I talk to those who know there cars are like wow you used to have a MK1.

The MK1 GTI I think was my third car but it was my first fast one which I suppose at 19 wasn't bad. I think I blew it up twice and got my hands on a 16v MK2 which I also blew up. I remember my dad doing his nut as I never checked the oil on them and I thought I was Paul Walker back then. I wish back in 2001 I looked after them and kept at least one seeing as there worth money now. Sure I paid £750 for the MK1 and £600 for the MK2 and I would hate to think what they would be worth now.

Anyone got pics of any old VAG,Ford etc they used to have back in the day?

[​IMG]

Ghost, RSTHRILLER and Scottyg like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Scottyg

Scottyg Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A3 S tronic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, not my best choice!!! Rattled and was as slow as a week in the jail.
    [​IMG]

Don't have pics of my Scirocco! Wish I had taken some now you've put this thread up!

Stanningtonglen likes this.
  4. harvey01

harvey01 Member

my m3 I just sold and my work van I'll see if I can dig out some of my old cars

Attached Files:

Stanningtonglen, Raiden and Scottyg like this.
  5. Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross Member

I love these threads... brings back so many memories - not all of them happy!

I started off in 2005 with a little MG ZR Rallye II edition. Wasn't fast but it handled like it was on rails

[​IMG]

Then upgraded that late 2007 for the car I wanted when I bought the ZR but couldn't afford - a V6 MG ZS 180. Being an ex-longbridge staff car it had almost every option on it. I spent an absolute fortune on this car with Janspeed manifolds, de-cat, custom made duplex system and the carbon fibre air intake off one of the old MG / JUDD MGX concept cars. When it only made 7bhp more than standard on the dyno I fell out with it a bit...

[​IMG]

... and bought the Dark Lord, Prodrive RB320 number 316 - known as "Darth", because if he needed a company car it would be one of these!

Built by Prodrive for Subaru in 2007 in memory of Richard Burns and limited to only 320 examples world wide. I'll probably never sell this one.

[​IMG]

From here the time line splits slightly. Just before I sold the MG ZS I bought another car to use as a bit of a weekend toy - here starts the story of the "daily driver"

First one was a 1994 Defender 90. Again silly amounts of money was spent - but due to being young and dumb I abused it a bit. Eventually it went wrong more often than it was worth so was sold off.

[​IMG]

That was swapped for something a bit more practical in the form of a 1.9 Astra Estate. We really wanted a VXR but needed an estate for my partners Day Care job - so I built one

[​IMG]

I liked it so much, I built myself a van to match

[​IMG]

But unfortunately the van had to be sacrificed to pay the first house deposit. I do miss it

Here the time line splits again, but this time a bit more extreme - track cars!

First one was my first love, the MG ZR - but this time with a 300bhp 2.0 turbo

[​IMG]

That was swapped for something a little mad - MG BTCC Chassis EX259. it has it's own Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ex259) for those who want to see the full crazy journey

[​IMG]

Then came another Defender project - this time a 1994 88" hybrid. I bought it as an unfinished project - but in reality it actually needed stripped back and started again! I was happy with the results though

[​IMG]

That was swapped for something a little newer and rarer - my 2001 Tomb Raider 110. One of only 200 ever made

[​IMG]

She's an expensive monster in need of some restoration... but I love her!

Next up was a change of daily driver. The Astra estate started to really show it's age, so the second brand new car came along - a 2011 Volvo C30 Polestar Edition

[​IMG]

And that's the only decent picture I have of it. It was in the dealers more than it was on the drive. Went through 2 starter motors and a timing belt before it was a year old, doors constantly froze shut because the door seals were terrible and it sounded like a tractor when cold after it made a very strange noise on starting one morning. Volvo were a nightmare to deal with and eventually it just had to go

Replaced by a 2010 Freelander 2

[​IMG]

And that's the car traded in for the Avant... so up to date!

6. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Liking the scooby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSTHRILLER and Maxxed_Ross like this.
  7. DarkBunny

DarkBunny Active Member Team Sprint Audi S3

That poor little conifer hasn't grown much!! *(Unless you've had these over the last four months!!)*

8. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver SQ5 owners group VCDS Map User

Well my first car was a Vauxhall Viva, but thank god that was before digital cameras and the internet.
    Some memorable ones along the way we're
    Mk1 fiesta supersport
    Mk4 xr3i
    Renault 21 turbo
    Peugeot 405 mi16 lemans

And then the ones I have pictures of

LCR
    [​IMG]
    A3 3.2
    [​IMG]
    330cd
    [​IMG]
    Another 3.2
    [​IMG]
    First S3

[​IMG]
    R36
    [​IMG]
    E93 335i
    [​IMG]

Current 2 steeds

[​IMG]

Stanningtonglen and Scottyg like this.
  9. Adam L

Adam L Member

Just a few...

400bhp S15

[​IMG]

552bhp Evo 8

[​IMG]

My BMW M Coupe

[​IMG]

My B5 RS4 that I currently drive

[​IMG]

CHEZ, RS4B5, RSTHRILLER and 5 others like this.
  10. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

1972, my first brand new car, a Lotus Europa Twin Cam - with and a friendly Marcos 3-litre:

Europa plus Marcos.jpg

CHEZ, Ghost, Stanningtonglen and 4 others like this.
  11. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

Oh, and the Europa DID come on the back of a lorry - in them days you could purchase in kit-form and save the purchase tax, happy memories...

01 Build.jpg

CHEZ, Stanningtonglen and DarkBunny like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. 45bvtc

So after the Europa came a Lotus Elan +2 S130/5 that we kept for 20-years (don't swap cars too often):

PLUS 2_115.jpg

And to accompany that a Lotus Elan Sprint 5 (purchased as a wreck and restored of a 12-month period) and we kept that for 37-years (both 100% self-maintained):

Sprint xx.jpg

And the Sprint comes back occasionally for some TLC:

CHEZ, Ghost and plasticpenguin like this.
  14. xpoweruk

xpoweruk TTTS 8J Smile Machine Team Meteor quattro Audi TTS

I remember a few of those from XPF :)
    My favourite old motor was my MG ZS 180 :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    CHEZ, Stanningtonglen and mookster like this.
  15. Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross Member

I've still got my XPower flag hung up in the garage

Strange how you bump into the same people online!

xpoweruk likes this.
  16. mookster

mookster Active Member quattro

Nice to see some good old Brit machines, and some Jap quality in there too. I tend to keep hold of motors for a while so not got a huge amount to tell.

After beginning in a bright orange Austin Allegro for four years (for my sins) I upgraded to a 1.3 Fiesta. That gave way to my first 'performance' car - a Rover 216 GTI Twin Cam in white. Nice motor but head hurting rpms required when cruising. So, changed for a 220 GSi turbo, upgraded to a 220 turbo coupe, had to downgrade to a 220 GTi then finished with another 220 GSi turbo, which got some work done... sorted suspension, BBK, engine fettling and a Quaife ATB diff, was quite the little beasty. Even managed to upset a few Lotus Elise owners on a track day at Rockingham :D

220_07.jpg

At the same time I had this I bought a '91 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC, which I still have. This has been stupidly modified, latest 'investment' is a 2.2 stroker kit with Haltech Elite ecu amongst a whole list of other things. Should have this back on the road in the next few weeks after that work;

rufusnude2small.jpg

rufusnude3small.jpg

The Rover was replaced by a '99 Nissan Sylvia S15 Spec R Aero. This was pleasant - already had coilovers, wheels, lip spoiler and other goodies when I bought it, and I added a few detailing touches, plus a load of graphics, to make it my own. Was quite popular in the local Jap scene for a bit;

complete01.jpg

complete02.jpg

Then the CSA did me over and I had to sell that, after which I got a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV. Previous owner had been a smoker so I got to work stripping it out and thoroughly cleaning everything, including the roof lining, as well as getting the seats and door cards re-trimmed. Some carbon skinning went on and an Apexi Power FC was fitted which saw around 350bhp. It went pretty well! Gave it the graphics treatment too;

livery01.jpg

retrim39.jpg

In the end it just became too costly to run, too noisy on the motorway with it's close ratio box, and small tank meant only 250 miles before refills. So decided to chop that in and got the A3 3.2 V6 Quattro S Line to replace it - bit more refined, better mpg, still nippy enough, and blending in with the crowd :innocent:

CHEZ, Ghost, Stanningtonglen and 3 others like this.
  17. Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross Member

some total classics there!

I know your pain with the small tank. Mine needs filled every 200, but at nearly £90 of VPower to fill it that might be more to do with my right foot :racer:

mookster and xpoweruk like this.
  18. ^adam^

^adam^ Active Member VCDS Map User Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

First car 1994 Clio with a sound system that cost far more than the car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a VW Polo, again with a sound system worth more than the car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a Nissan 200sx, no pics of when it was modded lowered on 18s :(

[​IMG]

Then a 306 GTi-6

[​IMG]

Then an old Mazda

[​IMG]

Then A4 2.0TDI B7

[​IMG]

Then a Panda 100HP

[​IMG]

Then the S4 along with a Skoda Rapid Spaceback.

Also during that time had a Mini Clubman 1977 Estate which is now gone :(

[​IMG]

CHEZ, 45bvtc, mookster and 2 others like this.
  19. GMballistic

GMballistic Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

Ok so I don't have pictures of all my cars uploaded to my computer as some of the pics I have of the first few were taken with a 35mm camera, ...that's a camera which you put 35mm rolls of photographic film in for the younger generation (before the digital age). Lol. :grinning:

First car owned was a 1988 E reg 5 door Nissan Micra GSX MK1 (998cc I believe).
    Then followed by a 1992 K reg 3 door Seat Ibiza SXI which was a 1.5 Ltr with a Porsche tuned cylinder head. Next up was a 1992 J reg 3 door Rover 214SI then a 1996 P reg 3 door Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Sport (terrible car purely because of the poorly powered Eco engine).

Things started to improve then as I finally started to be able to afford better performance cars the first of which was a 1998 R reg 5 door Ford Mondeo ST24 V6. Had that for a while before moving on to 1992 K reg 3 door VW Golf VR6 which I did love but unfortunately was bent as a banana after the previous owner had crashed it but not declared that but thankfully it made me buy this....

[​IMG]

It's a 1996 N reg JDM Subaru Impreza WRX which after a lot of time & money was running a touch over 300Bhp.

[​IMG]

Was a nightmare of a car though and spent more time on the back of a flat bed truck or in a garage being repaired then it did out side my house. :rage:

Plus after the engine blew up for the second time after being rebuilt only 12K miles previously I decide to sell it on at a huge loss.
    So in selling the most unreliable car I ever owned it brought me to the most reliable one I bought which was a 2003 3 door Honda Civic Type R 30th Anniversary Edition (EP3).

[​IMG]

Gave me 3 years of trouble free motoring with the only things needing doing being tyres & oil changes etc. Did add some mods obviously, the best of which being a Gruppe M induction kit. :sunglasses:

[​IMG]

The Honda was great but I wanted to try something different so I bought my first rwd car a 2003 Nissan 350Z GT. Little did I know that it would be the best car I'd own and also the one I'd mod the most to date.
    In fact by the time I sold it & moved on it was running 436Bhp after being supercharged (standard it was 276Bhp fyi).
    My build thread on the 350Z forum (which I'm a mod on) here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91628-gmballistics-zed-supercharged-2003-gun-metal-gt-coupe-vids-added/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Due to buying my first real home with my fiancee though the Zed had to go so I decided to move back to Honda again with a 2008 Civic Type R GT (FN2).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great car in some respects (more modern) but after coming from the Zed it really was a let down as a drivers car. Literally kept it less than 12 months before finally getting a car I'd been after for quite some time. :smiley:

My first Audi. A 2008 S3 in black which is what I currently drive. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got big plans for it but unfortunately a lot of the free cash I had for doing the 350Z build at the time now goes on boring stuff like house hold bills, food etc so I may have to take my time with this build.
    Thanks for reading.

20. mookster

mookster Active Member quattro

[​IMG]

Now that looks very nice :D

xpoweruk likes this.
  21. GMballistic

Cheers Mookster. :)

Spent a lot of time, money & effort on my 350Z getting it how I wanted it.
    I mainly focus my efforts on performance when it comes to modding my cars although I do like the engine bay to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible too so I was extremely pleased with how my 350 turned out in the end. :sunglasses:

S3Alex and mookster like this.
  22. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Found a few of my old R32 on my old phone today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do love my S3 but the noise the golf made and the way it looked.

CHEZ, Ghost, mookster and 2 others like this.
  23. Karen O'

Karen O' Well-Known Member Team Glacier S-line owners group TDi Audi A3

My first ever car was a Rover 214sei 1.4 . Loved this car so much and i do miss it. He may have been an old boy but he could sure move it lol 32678650002_original.jpg 32678650001_original.jpg

24. GMballistic

Not a bad car the Rover 214, ....I had a J reg 1.4 Si version. ;)

If I remember rightly they had a K series engine & Honda gearbox in them which is part of what made them good. The Rover 214 was actually the first car I ever took on a track day back in the late 1990's at Castle Combe.

Was a great fun car & was fairly good "speed wise" for a 1.4 Litre imo.

25. Karen O'

Karen O' Well-Known Member Team Glacier S-line owners group TDi Audi A3

Yeah i loved mine despite being constantly pulled over by the cops for having a "boys car" saying things like "is it your car"" did you steal it from your boyfriend" and " get a more girly car next time"

But the most classic moment i had in it..... sat at a red light, boys in corsa pull up beside me, reving the engine and laughing. So i reved back, now bearing in mind i have a peco exhaust so was a much better roar from mine which had them laughing more. I wasnt gonna back down so as soon as that light changed i put the foot down and got off well before them. Next traffic light was at red which i obviously stopped at. Who pulls up about 10 seconds after? Yip thd boys in the corsa. They wernt laughing now lol

And before anyone says anything, no i wasnt dangerous driving and no there was no other cars around that would have been in any danger. Was late at night and roads were empty

26. Stanningtonglen

Stanningtonglen Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group Audi S4 quattro Audi A4 It's my birthday

Some great cars here love that RB scooby. Had 4 Rovers 1 MG ZT 2 Nissans 2 MK1 Toyota Celicas 1 Fiat stilo Abarth and up to now 1 Audi A4.
    Going to have to see if i can find some pics

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  27. stamford

stamford Member

Some familiar names and cars in here! I have had quite a few old cars, most are pre-digital! I'll post a few as I find them.
    Here's my MG ZS track car, currently undergoing some bodywork mods. Had this near on 14 years, great fun.
    DSC_8535.JPG

Raiden likes this.
  28. stamford

stamford Member

Here's some others.
    '72 Vauxhall Firenza
    Droopsnoot Firenza.jpg

Vauxhall Magnum, st4 Blydenstein engine.
    Magnum Coupe.jpg

HSX Chevette 2300 16v twin cam. One of 10 hence the X, 1 of 400 homologated for group 4 rallying.
    HSX Front.jpg HS230016vTC.jpg

29. stamford

stamford Member

Chevette V8.jpg
    Rover V8 powered Chevette.

Audi GT with ABT 2.4i
    Audi GT.jpg

CHEZ, LawrenceH and DieselJake like this.
  30. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Those Chevettes are worth money now

31. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Active Member

Car I had before the A4, second Discovery I’ve had. Hugely capable but a bit too nice to off road properly.

[​IMG]

Few cars back, bought standard automatic, converted to manual and taken up to about 300bhp. Only car I wish I could’ve kept, particularly since they’re worth twice as much now.

[​IMG]

CHEZ and stamford like this.
  32. stamford

stamford Member

Indeed the HSX would be over £30k, wish I kept it. Life gets in the way sometimes.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. stamford

stamford Member

Couple of Landys.
    TD5 was a great bus.

30082010448.jpg

Discovery 3 HSE was a favourite. Had to sell due to redundancy.
    2015-10-04 14.31.09.jpg

The wife's old MGF SE.
    IMG_1979.JPG

Mini 25, 1275GT spec.
    DSC02666.JPG

V6 Calibra
    My V6 rear.JPG

330i M-Sport
    Capture.JPG

CHEZ likes this.
  35. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I’m crying at what my old golf gti’s are worth. Think there’s a guy on the VXR forum who’s just restored a Chevette

36. plasticpenguin

plasticpenguin Active Member

I have quite a few old pics before digital technology came in, but most are in 'orrible condition.

Audi 80 Sport from the late 90s and my beloved Dolly Sprint. It was one of the last 50 ever made on a 'W' plate.

Attached Files:

Ghost likes this.
  37. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Active Member

Nissan is the only one I regret selling. Would’ve been worth double what I sold it for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DieselJake likes this.
  38. plasticpenguin

39. plasticpenguin

I had a 1967 Lotus Elan 2+2. Purchased it as a trade-in, so got it relatively cheap. The caveat was: Engine was past its best. So a mate and I fully rebuilt the engine and crank. Took ages at weekends with endless bashed knuckles....

Ghost and 45bvtc like this.
  40. J0nnyboy

J0nnyboy Member Team Ara Blue Sportback Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic DSG

A few of my old cars still have the red vxr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

41. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

way too many to list a lot plain and some more sporty , but a couple of the more well used ones , my IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1045.JPG well loved capri I used to take my motocross bike out with for practice in the early 80's and alfa GTV with the original and proper wolfrace alloys in the early 80's .

CHEZ likes this.
  42. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Going the other way,
    DB6 Volante MK2 off for some restoration late 90's , long gone now. IMG_1044.JPG

CHEZ and Seanchadwick2k3 like this.
  43. J0nnyboy

J0nnyboy Member Team Ara Blue Sportback Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic DSG

My favourite car ever