Pictures of the LED cupholder?

Fraysa

Reaction score
I retrofitted the LED cupholder ring but my seems a little dim and off in color compared to pictures I saw online so I wanted to compare with real life pictures instead of Google ones.

This is my result (in real life it’s more purple than white and less bright):

2b33a391a6081a20f9f17ab19745890d.jpg

But online I see the ring fill itself with a white color all over it. Mine seems to be pretty weak.

I’d love if someone could confirm what my issue is. Note I’m using a genuine part.

It should be a clean white:
(If you swap the +12V/GND wires it should be illuminated red.)
hEsmPpe.jpg

Reactions: Leevr
did you wire it into the cigarette lighter circuit or into the CE module to be controlled from the MMI? If via the MMI did you code it in and is it set to full brightness?

did you wire it into the cigarette lighter circuit or into the CE module to be controlled from the MMI? If via the MMI did you code it in and is it set to full brightness?

I wired it to the cigarette lighter because I don’t have long enough wires for the BCM.

I reckon it makes a difference now that you asked it?

If wired to lighter it should alter brightness with the knob on the headlight switch but your lights all look bright so its not turned down. Mine is bright enough and is wired into lighter as i've been a bit lazy and also i cant get the interior lights to be controlled from the MMI for some reason.

If wired to lighter it should alter brightness with the knob on the headlight switch but your lights all look bright so its not turned down. Mine is bright enough and is wired into lighter as i've been a bit lazy and also i cant get the interior lights to be controlled from the MMI for some reason.

If you compare mine to the ones posted by the guy in the first post, his are “full”, fully illuminating the ring and mine aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a bad earth. Leds does funny things when not wired properly

Its a genuine Audi part but bought from a company called TPS that deal in VAG parts.

Mind telling me what glue did you use to glue the console back after inserting the ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk