Pictures of my new car

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
So I've been wanting to post some pics of my new ride for a while now. Managed to get some from the exterior but some interior pics will be posted soon.

Attachments

• 20150723_141719.jpg
    20150723_141719.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 609
  • 20150723_170903.jpg
    20150723_170903.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 649
  • 20150723_170845.jpg
    20150723_170845.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 616
Reactions: daydotz, Scottyg, terapati and 4 others
Very nice - the wheels are refreshingly different and work well with the chrome :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

Reactions: drummerdimitri
Very nice - the wheels are refreshingly different and work well with the chrome :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

Thanks!

I wanted the car to shine so I opted for the standard rims which complement the shininess of the Sepang color with the chrome exterior bits.

I'm glad I got the perfect S3 for my taste.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Looks very nice indeed ! Have to agree with Rob2k68 about the wheels and the chrome linings , works very well together !

Reactions: drummerdimitri and Rob2k68
Looking great! :yes:

Reactions: drummerdimitri
Thanks!

I wanted the car to shine so I opted for the standard rims which complement the shininess of the Sepang color with the chrome exterior bits.

I'm glad I got the perfect S3 for my taste.

Wow, that looks amazing!

I've ordered a very similar S3 but Sportback rather than saloon. I agree about the wheels - my friend said it was silly to drop the S3-only wheels for the S-Line ones, but I really do feel the bright silver of the S-Line alloy wheels really works well with Sepang Blue and the chrome highlights.

You're lucky in the UK that the S3s come well specced as standard.

We're the same as Ze Germans here in Ireland, we get the bog standard spec as the base model. With the Trophy Cloth/Leather seats, the S Line 18 rims at 225/40 and we don't even get heated seats as standard! You guys get the leather seats, the 19in rims, the Mag Ride all as standard on the S3.

Though it's a bit mean of Audi to not alter the price down if you choose the 18in rims say, or you choose down to the Leather/Alcantara from the full leather.

You're lucky in the UK that the S3s come well specced as standard.

We're the same as Ze Germans here in Ireland, we get the bog standard spec as the base model. With the Trophy Cloth/Leather seats, the S Line 18 rims at 225/40 and we don't even get heated seats as standard! You guys get the leather seats, the 19in rims, the Mag Ride all as standard on the S3.

Though it's a bit mean of Audi to not alter the price down if you choose the 18in rims say, or you choose down to the Leather/Alcantara from the full leather.

S3's in the UK dont come with 19's as standard, mag ride is also an extra.....it all costs money !

Sorry, apologies, forgot we were talking about the saloon !
No worries. 52,500 Euro the base car is here with nothing included. Add in metallic paint, alloys, mag ride and you're up to 56.5K. Better sound system, ACC, heated seats.... You're talking another 1.5K. It's ludicrous.

Reactions: illingworth22
Strong pound at the moment, shame you need a left hooker !
We're RHD same as you! That's why it's stange that the specs are so different. We seem to have the same spec as South Africa. They're RHD as well.

It would be far more lucrative for you UK guys to buy over here. What makes the car expensive here is simply Tax. The actual base price you'd pay is very low here. You'd import it and just pay whatever UK tax is due.

With the strong pound you'd be laughing.

Not far then....thats crazy !
It's mental. We're double taxed on new cars. Not only VAT but what's called Vehicle Registration Tax as well. And on the S3 that VRT is 27%. And that VRT rate is applied on all options as well.

Petrol is about 15 cents a litre more expensive than diesel and with emissions based road tax, the S3 is EUR570 a year.

The government here just do not want you to have petrol cars.

and on used cars ?

****** ijits ! its diesel thats dirty !
The tax has already been paid on used cars when they were new but it means that used cars are expensive as well as they just depreciate as normal from the high initial purchase price.

The sole focus with fuel is on emissions here. They don't acknowledge that diesel is not the clean fuel they think it is. So a BMW430D would be 280 Euro a year to tax. Even though it's a 6 pot and not much better MPG wise than the S3.

What about classic cars ? Get yourself something interesting aswell as an economical daily driver, or an older daily driver

Do you have the 2006 cut off for car tax like we have in the uk, so if its older than 23rd march 2006 (think thats the date) its a lot less tax.

Just had a look and before 2008 its done on engine size so a 5.3 litre for instance would only be 199 euros a year

An RS5 would be 2350 euros a year and in the uk its £490.....the uk one makes me think twice about it

Last edited:
Just had a look and before 2008 its done on engine size so a 5.3 litre for instance would only be 199 euros a year

An RS5 would be 2350 euros a year and in the uk its £490.....the uk one makes me think twice about it

It's daylight robbery.

It's mental. We're double taxed on new cars. Not only VAT but what's called Vehicle Registration Tax as well. And on the S3 that VRT is 27%. And that VRT rate is applied on all options as well.

Petrol is about 15 cents a litre more expensive than diesel and with emissions based road tax, the S3 is EUR570 a year.

The government here just do not want you to have petrol cars.

Could you not just buy a car in the UK and take it across the water, or is that not permitted?

Oh it's permitted. No issues there, you'd buy it, drive it back via the ferry and then bring it to a local tax centre and pay the appropriate VRT. The issue is the VRT rate applied is against what the retail value of the car would be in Ireland. So even if bought for peanuts in the UK, the VRT would be applied against the Ireland sales price. The problem also is the pound is strong so that's against us as well.

Would be better for you guys to buy here new and import it back! Base price for the S3 would be the equivalent of about GBP28K...VAT is already on that so don't think there's any more tax to pay in the UK?

just moved to dublin and they wanted over €9k euro in vrt to register it there!

Same here.... 07 Golf GTi in 2008 was 11k just for the VRT.

My S3 was invoice 57k euro.... It's S&*t expensive!

Can't do that either! Customs drive around Dublin and watch all foreign cars to see where they come and go from.... They can seize the car on the spot

just moved to dublin and they wanted over €9k euro in vrt to register it there!
If you have lived/worked outside Ireland for 12 months (or more) and owned the car for 6 months (or more), you can apply for a Transfer of Residence exemption and have no VRT to pay, however, you can't sell the car for a period of 12 months after receiving the exemption.

If you have lived/worked outside Ireland for 12 months (or more) and owned the car for 6 months (or more), you can apply for a Transfer of Residence exemption and have no VRT to pay, however, you can't sell the car for a period of 12 months after receiving the exemption.
Bought the car in february and ive been working in dublin since april going back and to the uk on my off days, they will want to see bank statements etc and being in dublin i cant exactly hide.. Plus im moving away next april so ill stay on uk insurance for now