Pictures of my new car....with a slight difference

Cam1177

Reaction score
Hi all,

After working my *** off for 6 months decided to treat myself to a new car early December and got rid of the BMW and the Toyota we currently had. I knew i wanted to try 4wd for a change, but was unsure which way to go, go japanese for the performance or try an audi for something a bit more civilsed.

After looking at many cars and getting a few hints and tips from here (thanks guys) I found the exact car i was after, and a bit of haggling bought just after the new year and picked up just Saturday there.

After a great weekend driving and testing the quattro in appalling road conditions, i am of the opinion that it was a stunning choice.

Unfortunately, fate did not look kindly at me rediscovering the car bug, (which has not been felt since me owning a Type R), and took action in the form of Mr White Transit Man
1-sad.gif

The driver was completely at fault as i had stopped in a queue of traffic and went straight into the back of me, though looks as though he tried to avoid me. He apologised straight away and claimed he skidded, given that i had stopped, he was either speeding (in a 40 zone) or not paying attention. The only good news was that our son was not in the car having dropped him off minutes before. Also, i had left enough distance between myself and the car in front so i didnt hit the him so my insurance are happy to pass ALL costs onto the other driver. My wife and i both had to go hospital and are back home now though i need to take a few days off work having had x-rays on my neck as i lost feeling in my right arm. Reckon this was caused as i had my right hand on the wheel and must have clenched it to protect myself.

Not quite the first pictures i had anticipated posting.

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

Gutted for you! It's not nice having anyone ruin your pride and joy. At least it wasn't your fault.

I hope you start to feel better soon :icon_thumright:

*** these ****** drivers, if its not lorries its vans & white vanners are terrible, they really dont give a **** do they, skidded my ****, sorry to hear that, at least you can claim some compensation for loss of earnings & shock etc, my brother got 2k when a lorry hit his learner driving car, shook him up fair bit tbh but back in the saddle now learning & doing alot better aswell

:banghead: ****** typical! Nice looking car, I'm sure she will be back bigger and better in no time. The second example of how strong the A4 is in virtually the the same number of days.

Hope you get better soon :hi:

thats true. I was rear ended by a mini years ago, whilst driving a chrysler alpine and the rear end was destroyed!

hope you're ok too mate, we got whiplash and our claim was turned down as our road tax was 3 days out, I hadnt noticed :(

That's a shame, should be an easy enough repair though. Good luck with the claim and I hope absence makes the heart grow fonder!!

:beerchug: