Pictures b7 with lowering springs

Thuggie

Reaction score
I am searching for pictures of a b7 on h&r -35 mm with b5 perchers

Cant find good pics on the web been searching for like 2 days

I want to put 235/35/19 on

i've got 19's fitted with 235/35's with eibach street pro's on, no perchers though, its lowered the car by about 10/15mm from standard s line height just to take a little bit of the arch gap out.
20150510 130344 resized
20150510 130349 resized

Reactions: tr7 and xpoweruk
i've got 19's fitted with 235/35's with eibach street pro's on, no perchers though, its lowered the car by about 10/15mm from standard s line height just to take a little bit of the arch gap out.
View attachment 58371 View attachment 58370
What's the ride like with your set up compared to standard, is it firmer? I keep getting told that some lowering springs are less harsh than standard s line because they're progressive springs but not sure I totally believe it?

Don't have a full side profile shot to hand at the moment, but mine is similar to above, slightly lower, perhaps due to the 3.0tdi & soft top (just H&R -35mm springs)

Springs improve the ride compared to s-line, however the thinner tyres make it less comfortable. Overall slightly better, but there isn't much in it if you're going to go for 235/35/19 as well...

yep, as above i was going to say the same not much in it at all, i was a bit worried it would be harsh with the 19's but it aint that bad at all.

Flippin eck !!! Thought I'd finally made my mind up to buy eibach springs + bilstien b8 shocks but after learning how much they cost I may have to change my mind:eek:

View attachment 58371 View attachment 58370

So to get the same ride height as tony mc on my s line avant should I be looking at getting...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...ng-spring-kit-lowers-front-45mm-and-rear-30mm

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...ing-kit-lowers-front-45-50mm-and-rear-35-40mm

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...2006/2-0td/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-spring-kit

other than lowering height whats the difference between the eibach sportline and eibach pro kits?

So to get the same ride height as tony mc on my s line avant should I be looking at getting...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...ng-spring-kit-lowers-front-45mm-and-rear-30mm

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...ing-kit-lowers-front-45-50mm-and-rear-35-40mm

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...2006/2-0td/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-spring-kit

other than lowering height whats the difference between the eibach sportline and eibach pro kits?

eh, lol, i put 35mm eibachs pro kit all round on mine mate, the difference between the two eibachs is stiffness, the pro kit are a bit softer if i remember correctly, but i wish the front could be a tad lower like with the springs you've listed, but like i say i don't want to give up going over fields and rough ground when i go fishing/shooting, i've put a lcr splitter on now that i colour matched to the car and i think i could be pushing my luck with that, lol.
here's some better pics on level ground and with the splitter on
20150521 120229 resized 20150522 145726 resized 20150522 145805 resized

Last edited:
Demon tweaks list the pro kit as coil overs and I thought you had adjusted to suit your own needs hence the question.

Any how I need to lower 35mm front and back to get same as you then. I assume the figures everyone selling these are giving is the drop in height from standard non s line so in fact I'm looking at around 10mm drop from sline suspension height which ties in with what you say further up this thread? ( again as I understand it sline is about 25mm drop from standard suspension )

Thanks for your help

yep that's right mate, i found amazon to be the cheapest at about £150 for the springs

H&R springs are worth a look aswell, sit a little bit lower than the eibachs and pretty much same ride.

Tony mc, is the arch gap the same front and rear? Can't quite tell from your pictures. I've been asking the same sort of question on another thread and remembered this thread.

I really thought I had made my mind up on eibach pro / bilstein b8 combo but starting to worry the front end may end up being the same as it is now in that front wheel arch gap is 20mm larger than rear arch gap.

morning, the front dose still sit a little higher than the rear but not by much, aint got a tape to hand at the mo, but i'll measure up after i get in from work and let you know,
on a side note my cars going in for a full polish and detail today free of charge as work are paying for it, so i might have to put some more pics up lol.

morning, the front dose still sit a little higher than the rear but not by much, aint got a tape to hand at the mo, but i'll measure up after i get in from work and let you know,
on a side note my cars going in for a full polish and detail today free of charge as work are paying for it, so i might have to put some more pics up lol.
Thanks. Where do you have to work to get them to pay for a detail? !

now mate's, right as promised here's the measurements on the arch gaps,

ok front is 20mm from tyre to arch and rears are 13/14mm so theres only around 7mm difference hows that

Good enough for me thanks :yes:.

I'm not coming back on here until I've purchased these springs and shocks before someone changes my mind again

carnt resist while she looks so clean, a few pics of the results of my free polish and detail. pics dont do it justice i have to say.

20150608 193158 resized
20150608 193217 resized
20150608 193316 resized

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Ha haa yeah you'd be right. Where's these pics?

up above your last post can't you see them
Oh yeah can see them now (maybe ipad was a bit slow loading them). Looks very nice, why oh why didn't I get a black car, they always look great when they have a good clean and polish

i did mate when i had the s line wheels on, when i got these rotor's i tried them with the spacers but they stuck out into the middle of next week so i sold them on here.
i was after a silver a4 when i started looking for one and ended up with the phantom black lol

Opposite for me, wanted black but grew impatient and bought silver! I do like it but silver just won't get that wet polished look.

At least I know what I need offset size now, have you had it fully loaded and if so any rubbing on arches?

steve , black is brill polished and for the first time after you washed and dryed, but shows every mark possible, I really like the black but if a red one had been for sale i would have gone with that, red's my fav automotive colour.

yeah tbh black was 1st on my list then red but was told they are the worst to colour match if you needed any respray work. Now I have a silver car that seems to be the worst! Had a blue car that needed a respray but suprise suprise blue us the worst colour!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Funny that as i have allways thought that silver was a great colour for not showing marks etc as the primer doesn't show throught as much as on darker colours, i suppose its all relative somehow....

Reactions: AvantMike
Most of of my cars have been black and low to stay on topic lol, but yeh they a nightmare to get and stay looking mint hate how the **** end is an absolute dirt magnet on the avants, but yeh 20mm at the front, lmao.

Guys can you help me please, searching for days cant find. In my Country no one knows. I am now on 18 inch and want to upgrade to 19 inch ET 37 8,5J wheels with 235/35 19 rims, and want to put Eibach sportline springs 50/40.. Want to know if there will be rubbing. Searching for days only found this post. Thank You!

Audi A4 B7 8E Avant 1.9 TDI

Attachments

• 19144126_10213092945136259_5693880209544600717_o.jpg
    19144126_10213092945136259_5693880209544600717_o.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 700
This is on H & R springs (30mm I think) and hadn't quite finished settling in that pic - she's very slightly lower now. Bola 19" wheels
There's about an inch of air between tyres and arch - i've only rubbed the liner once by being a bit more dynamic than I should have across some rubbish road.
This is on stock shocks FYI (haven't got round to that yet)
Ze German