Picture Request - A4 Saloon Privacy Glass

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Hi guys, can you post up pics of your cars with the factory audi privacy glass.

I'd like to see what shade is factory on the B8

The windows appear different darkness depending upon weather and lighting.

Looking out my office window, mine look almost black when it's raining, but I can see through them on a dry day.

i know tinted audi glass is quite dark, something like 5%

Too dark for me though, think i'll be going for 30% rear 50% front.

I have the chrome window trim so dont think it would suit really dark windows

I'm feeling paranoid now. Collecting my new Black Ed 2.0 Quattro on the second, the garage have had the glass tinted (as the car was already built) and failed to specify what exact tints I wanted applied. Could be a lottery!!

30% on the rear in these chap darker than what you think
Chrome will break your car but on mine it was naff ( my opinion )

I bought Lava Grey, think darker tints will look OK on it? I'll check through all the forum pic now all night until I find one!!

i have an SE bud, light roof cloth so may not appear as dark as it would on your car.

Reactions: Gaz170
I bought Lava Grey, think darker tints will look OK on it? I'll check through all the forum pic now all night until I find one!!
6u7upy4e.jpg

VIftFQ9h.jpg

^^ Boom! Thank you, looks like it'll be fine whatever. The wait is killing me (not helped by the fact that my trade in 18 month old motor has developed a small coolant leak)

Reactions: Brennan
I agree bud, looks very smart the grey with dark glass :) Unlucky with your current motor, what is it?

2013 Freelander 2. Despite being a Landrover it's had perfect reliability until this week. To be fair, It's probably my own fault. Getting used to having new cars I've never felt the need to check coolant between services. It was just below the minimum and maybe has never been topped up.

The windows appear different darkness depending upon weather and lighting.

Looking out my office window, mine look almost black when it's raining, but I can see through them on a dry day.
Mine look really dark in the rain today...

Other times I wonder if I should've gone darker...

But it's not too dark at night time though to see out.

I have black headlining and black seats so might make it look darker than some, with the std glass at legal limit I wouldn't put any on them though...

Reactions: Brennan
Thought I'd give an update. Collected this on Tuesday. Just debadged it (although was tempted to leave the quattro badge it was just easier to get rid of them at the same time). Not sure what percentage this is, but chuffed with it anyway. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• DSC_0003 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC_0003 - Version 2.jpg
    984.9 KB · Views: 625
Reactions: Gaz170 and Brennan
dbd44d02ddb97aeabad56d8052f91b32.jpg

Not sure if that helps but they are the tints I got Audi to do before I took delivery of the car, but this was after it got delivered from the factory. :)

Reactions: steelfish and Gaz170
What tints do people recommend? I've been told generally 30% is what Audi use on the Avant but on Saloon some people go for 23%? Been quoted £200 and can have either but do not know what one to go for - my car is Monsoon Grey

Cheers for any advice

Audi definitely use darker than 30% mate, i'd say they use about 15%

£200 is expensive, who was that quote from

Expect to pay anywhere from £130-180

www.fusiontinting.co.uk/

I think I got it the wrong way around 23% is the darker that they recommend is closer to what Audi use.

Any good recommendations for companies in Kent?

I wouldn't know of any places in Kent mate I'm from Ireland lol

Google 'window tinting in Kent' you should get some results from that

No help to you in Kent, but I got mine done a couple of weeks ago from tintmyride.co.uk for a nice sum of £130 :D