Pics pls! H&R springs on s38p w 18 inch wheels

Amzs38P

Reaction score
I’ve been browsing- seen quite a few pics but lots with either 19 inch wheels or wheel size not stated.
would love to see what H&Rs look like with 18s, and preferably side on shots. Thanks in advance.

82DE2BC6 16CC 47E2 ACEE 71E81260D6F7

Reactions: Amzs38P
This is my S3 on H&R springs front and Rear on standard 18" wheels :icon thumright:

Attachments

• audi3.JPG
    audi3.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 76
  • audi1.jpg
    audi1.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 74
@Amzs38P Have a read of this recent post:

I gave my verdict on the H&R springs there and mentioned about the shocks you'll likely want.

Not sure what @Charlie23 and @abmat are running shocks wise or if they're just on the OEM ones like me, but be prepared for the ride to not be particularly smooth on just H&R springs if your shocks are old. Mine are only on 34k with new top mounts and bearings and the ride isn't brilliant and is a bit crashy especially at high speed on anything but a perfectly flat motorway.

Damien @DPM is the expert on shocks/dampers round here so would definitely seek his opinion on this if you're interested in upgrading more than just the springs. Alot of people recommend the H&R springs with the Billstein B8 shocks, and maybe the H&R anti roll bar(s) and a decent Anti-Lift Kit, especially if you're thinking of upgrading the performance to Stage2 or beyond.

I gave my verdict on the H&R springs there and mentioned about the shocks you'll likely want.

Not sure what @Charlie23 and @abmat are running shocks wise or if they're just on the OEM ones like me, but be prepared for the ride to not be particularly smooth on just H&R springs if your shocks are old. Mine are only on 34k with new top mounts and bearings and the ride isn't brilliant and is a bit crashy especially at high speed on anything but a perfectly flat motorway.

Damien @DPM is the expert on shocks/dampers round here so would definitely seek his opinion on this if you're interested in upgrading more than just the springs. Alot of people recommend the H&R springs with the Billstein B8 shocks, and maybe the H&R anti roll bar(s) and a decent Anti-Lift Kit, especially if you're thinking of upgrading the pe

Damien @DPM is the expert on shocks/dampers round here so would definitely seek his opinion on this if you're interested in upgrading more than just the springs. Alot of people recommend the H&R springs with the Billstein B8 shocks, and maybe the H&R anti roll bar(s) and a decent Anti-Lift Kit, especially if you're thinking of upgrading the performance to Stage2 or beyond.
Hey thanks for that info, appreciate it. I had been doing some reading about this but not real clued up on what it all means.
my car is already lowered on springs, and I quite like how it feel to drive- bit harder and stiffer. i Like to feel like it’s lowered if that makes sense.
my problem is that it’s slightly pitched and higher in the back. We can’t identify the springs but it’s likely that they were put in in Japan. It’s nice and low in the front. My hope is that by putting H &R in the rear it sits it down and tucks in a bit more. I will be bummed if I go to all the trouble and it looks exactly the same
I have made a side by side comparison with a few pics of cars on H&R with 18s and I think I can see the difference

Rear still sits higher, as it’s supposed to so it can squat under harsh acceleration.

I’m running oem dampers and the ride is fine. But they are sport dampers, not sline which can be harsher.

Rear still sits higher, as it’s supposed to so it can squat under harsh acceleration.

I’m running oem dampers and the ride is fine. But they are sport dampers, not sline which can be harsher.
Do you have a side on pic.

My H&R springs killed off my dampers & top mounts with in a month but they where original so 10 years old. I Purchased genuine dampers etc from TPS and the ride is perfect, not to much different from standard but i agree on rough surface they are abit crashy but how the car sits, handles and looks im happy with :icon thumright:

My H&R springs killed off my dampers & top mounts with in a month but they where original so 10 years old. I Purchased genuine dampers etc from TPS and the ride is perfect, not to much different from standard but i agree on rough surface they are abit crashy but how the car sits, handles and looks im happy with :icon thumright:
Okay good to know thanks, will keep that in mind, my car has only done 58,000 ks but It is an 09...

Hmm, wondering if this is what's happened to mine cos I've had the H&R springs for 12 months now and I don't remember it feeling this harsh and crashy when they were first fitted. Did have new top mounts and bearings fitted at the time and the stock dampers are from 2012 but have only done 34k miles.

Tbh I'm just going to put up with it until I've got the cash spare for a major suspension upgrade next year, thinking of doing for Bilstein B8s, new H&R springs, front and back ARBs and a Whiteline Anti Lift Kit all in one go