Pics of Nardo without Black OR Alu styling?

hpja

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurking but wondering if you can help me out.

I've been looking for an RS3 for a while but quite particular about the spec. Long story short I've found a few but have missed out due to my own deliberation.

Yesterday one came up - perfect spec, or so I thought, and I put down a deposit over the phone to secure it. Unfortunately the car was in the workshop getting it's 1,001 point check (or whatever) so the dealer only sent 1 pic from a distance, whilst the car was about 15 ft up in the air.

I've noticed it seems to have silver window surrounds.. I think... the pic is bad. I don't see black or alu styling pack listed on the spec sheet. I've googled a bit and it seems everything I find either has the black or alu packs - nothing just "naked" for Nardo. God I hope it's not awful. Any pics? :bye:

Imho Nardo with silver trim is awful, needs black pack. A car without any packs will have a body coloured "blade" at the front etc but still has silver trim.

TX.

Edit - no packs like this:

043_4.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: jimojameso
Ouch. Thanks.

I'm not too concerned with the "blade", although black is much nicer. The silver trim however just isn't right on Nardo imo.

I guess I'll see what happens regarding the deposit tomorrow

I appreciate that it isn't for everyone, But I saw a Nardo with black pack and thought it looked too common from the front, no definition between the grill and the bodywork and since then every Nardo bar one I have seen has had it, I therefore ordered without, and I do not regret my choice! I love it.

Each to their own which is why we love cars I guess, be boring if we all had the same one.

Attachments

• IMG_6236.JPG
    IMG_6236.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 388
Reactions: zippster, JamesBaby, 45bvtc and 1 other person
I appreciate that it isn't for everyone, But I saw a Nardo with black pack and thought it looked too common from the front, no definition between the grill and the bodywork and since then every Nardo bar one I have seen has had it, I therefore ordered without, and I do not regret my choice! I love it.

Each to their own which is why we love cars I guess, be boring if we all had the same one.

I think that looks good mate, and as you say the black pack is common, but it does set off nardo just like alu pack sets off brighter colours

I think that looks good mate, and as you say the black pack is common, but it does set off nardo just like alu pack sets off brighter colours

Thanks buddy, I love it, and she gets LOTS of attention, Personally I would only have black pack with white or black car. everything else I'd be looking at standard or alu.

Reactions: NevMan
The dealer sent some more pics over this morning and I have to say, although I prefer the black pack, it's still absolutely stunning as is yours zaka.

I'm going for it

Attachments

• IMG_20190124_093128.jpg
    IMG_20190124_093128.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 347
Reactions: Adi7r, JWAM, NevMan and 1 other person
The dealer sent some more pics over this morning and I have to say, although I prefer the black pack, it's still absolutely stunning as is yours zaka.

I'm going for it

Thanks mate, I find it strange they went for the black wheels and not black pack, It should be both or neither really, but still a stunning car, apart from when people put stupid bodykits on these things, I really am yet to see one I wouldn't be happy to own!
You will NOT be disappointed!!

I'm going for it

Nice one mate. The MAIN thing is that engine

Reactions: Terminator x and DW81
I had the black pack on my mythos black b9 s4 and although I loved the stealth look it was very hard to tell a stealthy b9 s4 from another b9 A4..

this time around I went for mythos again (3rd car now) and DIDNT go for black pack, as I like the fact that the silver grill breaks it up AND its a kinda trademark of being an RS model having the matt Ali bits!

enjoy the matt Ali bits! .. be different !

loving mine and wouldn't change it!

Congrats on the new car.. although its missing a boot :)

IMG 0032

Reactions: TYb and NevMan
To me the black pack really sets Nardo off, and looks the part... I’m obviously going to say that though, as that what my car has :tearsofjoy:

That said, the alu pack does look good to me on the black car!

Each to their own in this department I think, it would be a boring world if we all wanted and liked the same things... it’s good to see a wide variety of styles :sunglasses:

Reactions: zippster and FBF01
I have alu pack on a black car! Breaks up the black nicely, imo black pack for light colours and alu pack for dark! You need some contrast. Black pack on black car is just pointless, you can’t see it, just looks like a normal a3

Reactions: zippster and NevMan
I have alu pack on a black car! Breaks up the black nicely, imo black pack for light colours and alu pack for dark! You need some contrast. Black pack on black car is just pointless, you can’t see it, just looks like a normal a3

Opinion is why we all have so differently looking cars, which is great :) But anyone that thinks something as simple as a black trim on a Black RS3 makes it look like an A3 needs their eyes testing IMO. And the people that likely do think that, wouldn't care what the car actually is anyway.
I'm very happy with my Nardo and silver, as I'm sure ever single person on here is happy with their choice :)

Reactions: DW81, zippster and NevMan
...I'm very happy with my Nardo and silver, as I'm sure ever single person on here is happy with their choice :)

Hmm happy, yes... but still little tweaks here and there needed to get it just right :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: zippster and NevMan
Told you!! Beaut mate!

Bet it sounded good down there too...

Reactions: NevMan
Ali pack works with black well" but nardo! No No :sadlike:

Couldn’t agree more, just doesn’t look right at all. Only colour the alu pack suits IMO is black, looks superb. Every other colour needs the black pack. Yet again, my opinion.