Pics of my Misano Red S3 - Thoughts on wheels, possible swap?

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I'd post some pics up of my S3 as I haven't done so already since buying it about 4 months ago.

Since buying it I've spent a small fortune on it, new wheels and tyres - Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's, AP coilovers, KW adjustable rear tie rods, geometry set up, Milltek non res cat back system, xcarlink ipod and bluetooth kit, major service including cambelt, water pump etc.... its also had a superchips remap, but I'm not very happy with it as its very on/off with boost.

As for what equiptment the car has out of the factory, it had quite a few optional extra's, such as Alloy mirrors, (18" RSTT alloys), Symphony II headunit and Bose upgrade system, Cruise control, Sunroof, Heated seats, and 10 airbags, YES, 10 airbags!! i.e- drivers and passenger airbags, seat airbags, A, B, and C pillar airbags as well! (never seen that in another S3 before!)

I'm a bit 50/50 on the wheels, I do like them, but I have an erge for 19's as the more I see photos of S3's wearing 19's the more I like them, they just seem to fill the arches so much better and go with the shape of the car better cos of its chunkyness, so I'm toying with the idea of going 1 step bigger, and I'm probably gonna have a few people shout at me for this but I've always like the 19" Gallardo reps on S3's, so may be interested in a swap if anyone is interested in doing a deal against my wheels and tyres, they are unmarked and like new and only 1 month old.

Anyway, here is the car.........
Hope you like!

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

030.jpg

Cheers,
Az

:redrs4:

Last edited:
Some black or silver BBS CH's or LM's would look awesome!

Looks nice altho im not a fan of the black stealth wheels and window tints.

Very nice.
Id be interested in the wheels mate. Fancy swapping for avus alloys plus cash?

Sorry mate, but I wouldn't be interested in the standard avus alloys as I'm after aftermarket alloys.

I have toy'd with the idea of bbs lm's, but I had those on my old s3, so would rather a different wheel. Ch's are appealing, but they'd have to be genuine, and I can't stretch to that.

The window tints were on the car when I bought it, they are awesome for keeping the interior cool in hot weather, especially with a full black interior.

A Red S3!! LOL!! I think it looks nice buddy, you could try changing the colour of the wheels to anthracite like mine, it makes a lot of difference and goes well with the other grey bits! :)

Are you sure it's called Missano red? I thought that was only for the S4/RS4 colour. My S3 is labelled Absolute Red on the V5 and it's the same colour?

How much would you want them for then?

It's definately 100% Misano Red, I have all the original documents and manuals where the dealers have clearly written the registration, spec and 'metallic misano red' on it. I think it may of been
a special order colour, somebody else in my town has a facelift s3 in the same colour. I specifically didn't want an absolute red because it's too 'orangey' ( no offence!) for me, so when I found this one for sale it was a pleasant suprise and a bit of a rare sight.

Ascot what I would want for my wheels if I were to sell them, I'm not sure, the pro race 1.2's aren't exactly cheap, my mate managed to get me a deal for £800 with the tyres, so pretty pricey, but they are very very light, when I was in the shop I held an 18" pro race in one hand and a random 15" wheel in the other and they were virtually exactly the same weight.

Yeah i know mate thats why i want a set due to how light they are, i think their around 8kg a corner.
Well if you want to sell them just let me know a price pal.

No offence taken mate. :) I was wanting Denim Blue as my S3 but I couldn't find any. :( that's my favourite colour on an S3.

Very nice though! Maybe in a different light the colour will look different! :) I can't say I like the black wheels, in silver they would have been lovely and I don't like the Quattro badge on the back of the S3, but I'm jealous! Heated seats! I couldn't find an S3 anywhere with them in it!

Going to get Sat Nav retrofitted to my S3 soon and I have just had cruise installed. :)

I'm not suprised you couldn't find a denim blue one mate! I've only ever seen 1 denim blue.

My old S3 was a facelift Ming blue one, with cream heated leather and factory fitted satnav with sunroof. That was a strike whilst the iron is hot sale when I saw that!! I've got some lovely photos of it that I'll upload later tonight of it, I regretted selling that big time about a month after I sold it, hence why I bought another s3, but I knew that I'd never find another one like my old one.

Yeah, I can imagine! I would love the heated seats as leathers really cold in the winter! :( the Sat Nav would help me a lot as I drive at night and the glare off the dash mounted ones do my head in at night. :(

It would be nice to see your old car! Sounds good! Your idea about the 19" alloys sounds good too. I'd be tempted if I can afford everything I need to do to the car! :(

Hi Az

You got a lovely looking S3. Looks like a very clean tidy example, very clean in the cabin! You thought about blacking out the grill surround?
As for alloys i'd go for either black, silver or anthracite BBS CH if you got the money LM. Both great alloys and look the business. I want 19" BBS CK in anthracite for my car love the colour. Also i think there some 19" Gallardo reps in the classifields.

Ashley

looks wicked id leave those wheels on it

black grill, black original avus wheels, and remove the tints - would look amazing

Still looks really good now though!

edit: whats up with the quattro badge ? Ive always liked the S3 not having any quattro or T badges. S3 says it all !

Last edited:
did you get them brand new for £800 how much are they normally? your wheels.

Cheers for the comments everyone, positive or negative.

That was £800 for the wheels and tyres, brand new, fitted and balanced. Not sure how much they would of cost me if my mate didn't get a bit of a deal for me, but I know it would of been quite a bit more, he normally saves me around the £100 mark.

I do plan on blacking out the surround on the grill, just gotta get round to it, also thinking of tinting the inside of the headlights.

I like the quattro badges, each to their own, but I wanted a little touch of chrome to compliment the mirrors and break it up a bit.

I have seen the 19" gallardo rims in the classified, but unfortunately he is miles away from me, about 400 to be exact!

Dani- I'm based in Hertfordshire, so quite a trek from you as well.

BBS rims could be on the cards too, I had the LM reps on my old S3 and did like them, I like the CH's a lot, but the reps of them don't look that great in my opinion, the originals look wicked tho, but unfortuantely I couldn't stretch to their price tag. :(

I'll post up some pics of my old S3 -

S3passengerfront2.jpg

SS100842.jpg

SS100841.jpg

SS100845.jpg

SS100852.jpg

SS100855.jpg

SS100820.jpg

some nice additions / options on your old S3 there Az - why'd you sell it and opt for the red S3? or did you leave Audi, only to miss the S3 so much you wanted another? (apologies if you've already mentioned that in a post - I skimmed through to the pics!)

Rob :)

Yeah I sold the old S3 to get a more track focused car, so bought a supercharged Honda Civic Type R, I was heavily into my Honda's, and still am in a way, but unfortunately I bought a bit of a bad apple, and it ended up costing me a fortune to get running right and I rapidly lost interest and regretted selling the Audi as it was so solid and had everything I could ever want in a car, so, ended up selling the civic and heading back! :)

Car's looking good - I'm into black wheels myself, so much so at the mo that I bought some myself.

Don't know why, but to me the spokes look like they need a bit "more meat" on them - if that makes sense - maybe, as already mentioned, getting them coloured anthracite would look good and possibly suit the whole look better - then again, maybe a big brake set-up would change my mind!!! ;)

What width are those wheels though, cos your 225s look really stretched - but they look good.

I know what you mean by the spokes needing more meat, they could do with being a bit more chunkier.

The wheels are 8" wide so the tyres aren't stretched, falken tyres just have quite a rounded side wall for better arch clearence, so I guess it just gives the impression that they are a bit stretched.

I do plan on blacking out the surround on the grill, just gotta get round to it, also thinking of tinting the inside of the headlights.

I have seen the 19" gallardo rims in the classified, but unfortunately he is miles away from me, about 400 to be exact!

I'll post up some pics of my old S3 -

S3passengerfront2.jpg

Just send him a pm mate see if you can oay through paypal and get a courier to collect them and deliver to you for £25 :)
Defo do that to the head lights will look mean!
Your old S3 look great mate and the LM look wkd. What was the honda pushing out?

.....The wheels are 8" wide so the tyres aren't stretched, falken tyres just have quite a rounded side wall for better arch clearence, so I guess it just gives the impression that they are a bit stretched.

Just realised that my Falkens are FK452 (not ZE 912 - like yours) and my wheels are 7.5" (as opposed to your 8"), which explains why, in my opinion, mine don't look as good as yours - I was going to go with 215/35, but the seller talked me out of it and I went with 225/40 - however, looking at yours, I wished I'd stuck to my guns - oh well, wont be long til they need changing anyway (knowing me!! ;) ) and I'll make the swap then I think

Benskin- do you know of a courier that would be as cheap as £25 then?! My old Honda civic type r was the ek9 model, not the ep3, so it was the shape before the ep3 with the 1.6 b16b engine, jap import model, it only had a small blower on it but still produced 235 bhp at only 5 psi! And revved to 9250 rpm! It's one of many mad honda's I've owned in the past.

IIIaddidasboy- Yeah I wasn't planning on a stretched tyre, but now you mention it they do look slightly stretched without actually being stretched. Would look better slammed a bit more I think with the arches just above the tyre side wall.

Benskin- do you know of a courier that would be as cheap as £25 then?! My old Honda civic type r was the ek9 model, not the ep3, so it was the shape before the ep3 with the 1.6 b16b engine, jap import model, it only had a small blower on it but still produced 235 bhp at only 5 psi! And revved to 9250 rpm! It's one of many mad honda's I've owned in the past.

Yeah mate i use this courier called paisleyfreight price was between £25-£30 collection and delivery any way in the uk. Used them a few weeks ago to delivery a bumper to a forum member that cost £25 and he lives in Scotland. Here the link www.paisleyfreight.com just email Dave on there.
Sounds nice, bet it could move! How long you have that for then? You got any photo's?

Ah awesome! Cheers for the link mate, I'm just waiting for a reply from the guy selling the wheels so I may contact them once I know if they are still available or not.

Yeah the ek9 was pretty mental, raw as you like! It sounded crazy too, a real loud whine from the supercharger and then the roar from vtec when that kicked in at 5800 rpm. Shame it gave me so much grief really.

Here are a few pics of it.

ek9driverssidestraight.jpg

ek9interior.jpg

ek9csgearplate.jpg

ek9clocks.jpg

ek9shifter.jpg

ek9recaros.jpg

ek9passengerrear.jpg

ek9enginebay.jpg

ek9compressor.jpg