Picking up new RS3 tomorrow

elton121272

Reaction score
Hello from soon to be new RS3 driver......been on this forum for a while now previously as an S3 SB Black edition and moved onto A5 Coupe 3.0tdi quattro s-tronic Black Edition but missed the raw experience too much so have came back to the new improved sportback model!!

One more sleep to go and its only a half one as I'm up at 4am for a long drive to pick up the new baby.

She's well spec'd up with buckets, privacy glass, alu inlays, bluetooth phone prep low, bose, folding & dimming door mirrors, auto-dim RVM,, light & rain sensors amongst a few other goodies....

How long do you guys go for running her in.....600 or 1k miles? ...as you will have already experienced the wait is killing me!!

Willpost picks up at the weekend....

Cheers.

Bet you can't wait! Similar spec to mine. As for running in, I was all set to take it very easy for 1k miles but the guys at the garage were telling me it's not necessary. As soon as the engine it up to temp. I've been giving it throttle (it's kind of impossible not to!). I've read lots of different views on this though...

As above. What colour is your new beastie?

Blimey thats a drive and a half if your getting up that early? Where is it...Southampton...have a safe trip. And enjoy. :racer:

I've actually spoken with the sales guy and confirmed a collection slot of 10.30 so I now need to get up at 2.30am for the long drive.....off to bed shortly!

Last edited:
Congrats on the car m8 welcome to te rs3 fold

Most of the running in is done on the bench guys at Audi said to me no need to run in ,
i remember I used to see loads of cars on motorway etc with signs on saying running in cor they were the days I must be getting old lol
dont forget to tell us what you think of her after the big drive home and post up some pics

Enjoy

Well, I'm literally just back from leaving at 3.30 am and 500 miles there in the trade in, saw me arrive around 10am - leaving Glasgow to head to Southend Audi - 1.5hrs handover and then left in my new Phantom Black RS3. I averaged 26.1 miles to the gallon and ranged approx 300 miles to a tank....possibly a bit more.

I will post up some pics later and a write up.

In short - what a head turning machine - pure ecstasy!

Wicked mate! Bet the drive there and back was more of an adventure than a chore?! Can't wait to see some pics!:yum:

Congrats mate. Look forward to the pics. :)

HI Guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments - good to be part of such a niche and select "committee".

Apologies for the quality - they are from the iPhone:

Particularly like the private registration.....they must have noticed my username and decided to compliment it with the old John initial.....I've already had a ribbing for that! Still the last 3 letters ain't much better....an RS3 owner calley Jakey!!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/photo3zv.jpg/

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Once I give her a proper wash and detail I'll get some better pics up.

Incidentally, I thought we were petrol heads, when I did get home my two and half year old son demanded 'daddy put in his isofit seat' and 'go fast' - light hearted nip round the estate in sport mode and he loved it.....but not as much as the Audi RS 3 app he has been playing for the last few weeks.....its actually not bad!!

Got a question - if we were to change exhaust to say Milltek and go for non resonated - how does the sport button work and would this affect it?

Can't wait till daylight.....are you all the same :)

Cheers.

PS> sorry for teh uploads.....all tips appreciated?

Meant to say guys.......this is what I left and then moved onto before I just had to come back to the SB.......for those who say its becoming dated.....I can't disagree but if it aint broke and all that......one of the reasons its lasted this long is the demand and to be frank once I left the S3 I thought I would never be back but missed the very basics and practicality like the simplicity of the air con and heaters; the 5 door mini-avant access and look; the unbelievably deceiving boot room (once got a full size snooker table in, although the "big" rest wouldn't fit no matter how hard I tried!!).

The S3:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

She was a beauty, pushing about 320-330bhp I recon. Loved her. She was manual and with the zorst and remap really pulled hard when in boost.

Decided it was time to mature from my 'boy racer' days......(always been one from the minute I passed my test...starting at 18 on XR2, 19 - RS turbo mk2 and then mk 1, 20 - Renualt 5 Turbo, 21 - Cossie......those HORTY insurance slips were great in those days) and purchased - best described as simply a beautiful £46k fully loaded A5......

The coupe is very deceiving space wise; the power and torque is great but the handling wasn't much, the 2T+ weight was too risky for my liking.....particularly when the missus was driving :) Fuel consumption was great.... avereaged 42 mpg on the 500 mile journey to trade her for the RS3. She stood out like an elegant yacht in Monaco whereas I'm more in need for a jetski in tenerife....so to speak.

Great car , who did you deal with at Southend ? Mine came from there too

Got a question - if we were to change exhaust to say Milltek and go for non resonated - how does the sport button work and would this affect it?
From what I've read so far about the milltek, one of the reasons for it being sooo epensive for the RS3 is that it includes the active exhaust valve, so I'd imagine It'd work in the same way? Rabidrabbit would be the man to tell you - he knows his stuff and has a TB milltek fitted to his already:wub:

Kool , did they still have the red one on the forecourt

Yes mate, the red one was still there - think it was £38k with 2k on the clock from memory.

can i ask what interior leather you have? have you got rs3 embossed on the seats? the leather looks a diff type too? is that right?

thanks

Si

can i ask what interior leather you have? have you got rs3 embossed on the seats? the leather looks a diff type too? is that right?

thanks

Si

I have fine nappa on the leather buckets and the piping is in silver stitching...very smart.

Wow stunning love it mate bet you do too ..:)

I have fine nappa on the leather buckets and the piping is in silver stitching...very smart.

thanks

Si

Hi Si,

Think you may have been looking at the buckets from my S3 which I loaded to ImageShack. The buckets in the RS3 are embossed and also are in a different type/colour of leather. I'll post separate decent pics of her once she's detailed and put in the sticky at top of section.