Picked up S5 on Saturday

rickparmar

Reaction score
Picked it up on sat. What you think?

Loving the MMi system which I was worried about.. love the drive and the power

I do miss the torque from my 430d though. Also the rear reversing camera.. is anyone else noticing the quality to be poor?

IMG_2715.jpg

Reactions: Lawrence7, daytonamart and BarryG79
Snap, looks just like mine. Haven't got the rear camera. You'll be washing it a lot, I find it a difficult colour to keep clean, damn birds!

Yeah it seems like every bit of dirt will show on this car. I'm hopefully going to do a home detailing on it and get some sort of protection on it

I did that too, hard work as its a big car. A bird has managed to scar the paint despite the protection!

Awesome looking car. Enjoy :)

Reactions: rickparmar
I actually found the camera quality to be excellent. However, I then had a Loan car and it was awful. I realised that unless you have the advanced parking assistance pack, the resolution of the camera is pretty poor.

Ah. I wonder if I can change the camera. I do miss the 360 camera function though

Lovely looking car ;) Did you choose those wheels??? I like the "other" type but I think the one Ive ordered has the same as yours (i didnt have a choice on the spec)

What wheels are classed as "standard"????

Reactions: rickparmar
mines ex demo so came with them, but these are the optional upgrade ones. I prefer the standard ones

mines ex demo so came with them, but these are the optional upgrade ones. I prefer the standard ones
Cheers, hopefully mine has the standard ones, but I still like yours

Rick, just looked at my build sheet, no flat bottomed steering wheel, but MRADV89 wheels, the ones i want ;)

Park Assist Plus aswell ;) (no camera though)

I want those wheels. To be fair I've started to fall in love with mine.

You need the flat bottom steering wheel

Does Park assist plus park the car itself?

Reactions: Liddo
I actually prefer the round steering wheel, the steering is so low ratio gearing you need to turn it lots when parking and the flat bottom doesn't work for me in the S5.
Flat bottom wheel is OK in a sports cars.

I actually prefer the round steering wheel, the steering is so low ratio gearing you need to turn it lots when parking and the flat bottom doesn't work for me in the S5.
Flat bottom wheel is OK in a sports cars.
I've got the dynamic steering with the flat bottom steering wheel and I've never had a problem turning it a lot, probably because of the dynamic steering option.

I want those wheels. To be fair I've started to fall in love with mine.

You need the flat bottom steering wheel

Does Park assist plus park the car itself?

Im not to bothered about the steering wheel, it looks nice though. Not sure if it'll park itself, doubt it as it was only a base order with the virtual cockpit.

Whats your average MPG been for "local" drives???

Ah as my Mercedes parked it self but never used it

Mpg it's been varied prob mid 30s

However on my back to London from Leicester I was being sensible and testing the car out by averaging 65mph and 30ish something on mpg

But I even got flashed by a speed camera on the M1. So not looking forward to that.

DOH! Hope it didnt have any film in :D

I'd be happy around the 30's, very happy

I hoping it as a dummy too but according to forums they said it works :(

Yeah if I get 30s all the time I'd be very happy.