Picked up my S3 , question on seats ...

Bainie

Reaction score
Well picked up my Dolphin Grey facelift S3 on Friday , which is actually Meteor (And stunning in the light), dealer got it wrong ! First impressions are great , Friday it was a bit thirsty ! But some sensible driving has brung the mpg up to 30 which is spot on for a car like this (Dis reading) . Performance is amazing !

Only negative I have is the seat folding, my mini you folded the seat , let anybody in the back and the seat retuned to where it was . S3 seat does not seem to do this, and is awkward to get back into position , Feels a bit like the bolsters are getting in the way when folding, maybe the back has not really been used in its past life ? (Normal seats not buckets)

Here it is , also noted how skinny the steering wheel is, probably get used to it, but like a bit more girth in my hand !

Car looks lovely, like the colour :)
You have to use the handle to return the seat to original position, they can still be a bit awkward at times though

Nice motor, but should have got the nicer looking and more practical sportback:racer::arco::undwech:

Yeah , I don't like estate cars though :moa:

Reactions: mister.c. and Jake 61
Lovely colour, cant comment on the seats but it is possible to fit the TTRS flat bottom steering wheel which is chunkier if you're not a fan of the wheel

Thanks , i will look into the ttrs wheel , guess it will not be cheap ? No coding req , just a straight swap ?

not cheap atall - £450 ish without airbag or wiring harness - I dont think you would need coding as you should have a multi function flat bottom in there already
Plenty of threads around about it

Ouch , i am sure I will get used to it !

Your car looks great, i really like the colour. Im sure you will busy booting it around and soon forget about the steering wheel! :racer:

You are right, i have had all manner of cars vxrs/bmws/minis , but the S3 is on a different league , the grip is astounding ! The missus loves it as well which is always a bonus

I have a 3 door sport , the seats should go back to where they were set , you just have to lift the top handle as you slide them back .
Dealer got my colour wrong too , told me it was dolphin grey when she was actually lava grey , I even went out and bought a touch up ready ......doh !

Will have a play with them again , just need to get used with it I guess , my first Audi . I think all dealers must automatically call grey , dolphin !