Picked up my S3 , question on seats ...

Bainie

Well picked up my Dolphin Grey facelift S3 on Friday , which is actually Meteor (And stunning in the light), dealer got it wrong ! First impressions are great , Friday it was a bit thirsty ! But some sensible driving has brung the mpg up to 30 which is spot on for a car like this (Dis reading) . Performance is amazing !

Only negative I have is the seat folding, my mini you folded the seat , let anybody in the back and the seat retuned to where it was . S3 seat does not seem to do this, and is awkward to get back into position , Feels a bit like the bolsters are getting in the way when folding, maybe the back has not really been used in its past life ? (Normal seats not buckets)

Bainie

Here it is , also noted how skinny the steering wheel is, probably get used to it, but like a bit more girth in my hand !

bennyball

Car looks lovely, like the colour :)
You have to use the handle to return the seat to original position, they can still be a bit awkward at times though

Carefree69

Nice motor, but should have got the nicer looking and more practical sportback:racer::arco::undwech:

Scottyg

Very nice. Like the colour. As above, seats should go back to where they were.

Pur8

Lovely colour, cant comment on the seats but it is possible to fit the TTRS flat bottom steering wheel which is chunkier if you're not a fan of the wheel

Bainie

Thanks , i will look into the ttrs wheel , guess it will not be cheap ? No coding req , just a straight swap ?

Pur8

not cheap atall - £450 ish without airbag or wiring harness - I dont think you would need coding as you should have a multi function flat bottom in there already
Plenty of threads around about it

Bainie

You are right, i have had all manner of cars vxrs/bmws/minis , but the S3 is on a different league , the grip is astounding ! The missus loves it as well which is always a bonus

Mike X

I have a 3 door sport , the seats should go back to where they were set , you just have to lift the top handle as you slide them back .
Dealer got my colour wrong too , told me it was dolphin grey when she was actually lava grey , I even went out and bought a touch up ready ......doh !

Bainie

Will have a play with them again , just need to get used with it I guess , my first Audi . I think all dealers must automatically call grey , dolphin !

DeckedS3

Nice, fastest colour too ;-)