Facelift Picked up my RS3 today, come from an RS6.. Splitters..

knobby

Reaction score
Picked up my FL today.. Really pleased with it.. I'll take some more pictures tomorrow.

I sold a C7 RS6 late last year, the Rs3 seems more agile and nearly as fast. Love the way an RS sits on the road and feels so planted.

Splitters... Due to the dark colour of the car and black pack the front OEM splitter is lost a little.. I'd like to get an after market one and little side skirts to match.. What options are available..

Thanks..

IMG 6730 2

Reactions: OCDaveS4, NevMan, Scotty75 and 6 others
Cracking looking RS3 :icon thumright:

Make sure go get more pictures up!

Yep, get more pics up - especially the standard front splitter. Is that Daytona Grey?:thumbs up:

I really don’t like any RS3 with the black pack/sport edition because someone else on the road can’t tell its an RS3.

You can’t differentiate between the RS design and standard; and I am talking from personal experience here. I have had an occasional RS3s go past me as I sit on my cruise control and I honestly couldn’t tell with everything in black.

Of course you do buy the car for yourself - but I think having the aluminium looks helps me overtake as people can see its not a normal Audi!

Reactions: grainqey
Lovely looking motor, have a look at Maxton Design for splitters and side skirts :icon thumright:

Congrats on the RS3 take a look at Maxton Design as mentioned. Also Reiger and X-Uk.

I really don’t like any RS3 with the black pack/sport edition because someone else on the road can’t tell its an RS3.

You can’t differentiate between the RS design and standard; and I am talking from personal experience here. I have had an occasional RS3s go past me as I sit on my cruise control and I honestly couldn’t tell with everything in black.

Of course you do buy the car for yourself - but I think having the aluminium looks helps me overtake as people can see its not a normal Audi!

That's interesting because I'm the opposite! Assuming we're talking about the same thing but when I was looking at purchasing mine the only "must" was the black optics pack. I feel like the alu or normal look too standard, especially on the pfl which flys under the radar in them.

In terms of a front lip/splitters the only one I'd look at which dosen't break the bank is maxton. Forget about the rear diffuser though, that thing looks like it was thought of by a 16 year old boy racer and doesn't look like it was designed for the rs3 at all. Other issue is since there's no maxton rear splats for rs3 there's no real flow from the side skirt back when looking side on. You could buy one from a similar car and try do a bit of diy but nonetheless.

If you do end up buying from maxton make sure it's gloss black, not matte or carbon. Trust me.

Sorry didn't see that anyone had replied..

Thanks for the comments.. Yes its Daytona Grey..

Thanks for the info on the splitter, i've heard some quality issues on the Maxton version.. Is the gloss black ok?

I know what you mean about the dark colour with the black pack.. for example a Nardo grey with the black pack give a good contrast and same with a white and black front end. I either wanted a Nardo or Daytona Grey, the Daytona suits me as its my wifes car so she can park it in a car pack and it blends in (until she starts it!). I can still nick it and have some fun with it!

IMG 6812
IMG 6816
IMG 6817
IMG 6818
IMG 6820
IMG 6821
IMG 6873

Reactions: OCDaveS4, rdj, NevMan and 3 others
Absolutely stunning - black styling pack every time for me :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan
I'm a big fan of the virtual cockpit... Never used one, well impressed.

The central rev counter in manual mode with the shift indicators is fab..

IMG 6774
IMG 6800

Reactions: NevMan and SPIKE_
That’s a beautiful DG RS3. I’m a big fan on the black pack, and think it works great with DG.

It's a cracking colour Daytona .. I should have stuck with it when I ordered my S3. Sepang had just been added as a £550 option (not £2,500) and I had my head turned. Didn't like it after about a month, and then everyone had it which made it worse.

I'm happy with my black, no design pack RS3. It doesn't stand out at all apart from the huge oval pipes. Who cares if most people just think it's a nice A3 :D

Thanks for the info on the splitter, i've heard some quality issues on the Maxton version.. Is the gloss black ok?

Beautiful car, mine too is Daytona with black pack but the pfl.

Iv had the full maxton kit on both my r32 and 7r, both in gloss black and had absolutely no issues and both were on for years, just make sure you install it correctly. I know some people don’t want to drill into their bumpers and use tape but for me I keep my cars for a long time so I didn’t have an issue with drilling

I'm happy with my black, no design pack RS3. It doesn't stand out at all apart from the huge oval pipes. Who cares if most people just think it's a nice A3 :D

Flying under the radar isn’t always a bad thing and less chance for someone to try nick the car :p
I’d say nardo grey with black optics is the only one which really “sticks out” when you see it

Reactions: TheFiftheElement, DW81 and NevMan