Picked up my 2010 S3 on Saturday

Those are generally pretty good tyres,but one other thing to check is wheel alignment,and on any of the Quattros,it's prone to slipping out of alignment quite easily and quickly.

I'm going to get it booked in over the weekend to get it checked, been quoted £40 which seems cheap to me.

I'm going to get it booked in over the weekend to get it checked, been quoted £40 which seems cheap to me.
My local tyre supplier has a laser 4 wheel alignment jig and their prices are similar.
Here's before on mine.....
img003.jpg

And after,with all the wheels pointing in the same direction...!
img004.jpg

That print out looks similar to the one they had, so seems good then :)

That print out looks similar to the one they had, so seems good then :)
The tyre guys locally are all car mad,and said that the alignment on Quattros gives them plenty of business....mine,as you can see,was trying to turn right,and that was only some months after the last trip to be aligned.

The tyre guys locally are all car mad,and said that the alignment on Quattros gives them plenty of business....mine,as you can see,was trying to turn right,and that was only some months after the last trip to be aligned.

How come they need the alignment so often then?

Last edited:
Oli

Just been reading through your thread and I see you have had a couple of evo's I currently have a IX FQ360 MR and am thinking of getting an S3 just for a change as I rarely use the evo these days..... How do you find the s3 compared with the evo in general?????

I had the old s3 a few years ago and I felt it was a great all round car...

How come they need the alignment so often then?
I can't think of any reason other than that things do move out of alignment during normal use,and our glorious potholed "roads" don't help that,but they certainly do creep out of alignment.

I can't think of any reason other than that things do move out of alignment during normal use,and our glorious potholed "roads" don't help that,but they certainly do creep out of alignment.

We do have some good roads :D

Oli

Just been reading through your thread and I see you have had a couple of evo's I currently have a IX FQ360 MR and am thinking of getting an S3 just for a change as I rarely use the evo these days..... How do you find the s3 compared with the evo in general?????

I had the old s3 a few years ago and I felt it was a great all round car...

I had an Evo 8 MR FQ 340 tuned to 400HP and I highly recommend the S3 in tuned form. In standard form it will feel a little boring powerwise. The S3 is so much more refined and is really nice to drive as a daily driver car. Other than the power I also miss a 4wd system that used the rear wheels over the front. On the S3 it will understeer and the evo's used to oversteer which I preferred.

Have a good hours test drive and see what you think