Picked these up today

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed these on eBay so just went for it and won them. I think I did ok they look very clean with hardly any use By the amount on there. ;)

c09797b9.jpg

0005dfde.jpg

1121f0b9.jpg

f9b05099.jpg

Chris.

Very nice chris, what they off and how much?

Nice work, ds2500 and some good fluid and you've got an excellent set up!

Cheers guys not sure which porka they are from Dan but the chap had them on his S3 so they should be fine, I won them for £380, think that's ok as they look decent. I want to have a go at fitting them Jay but never done in before so not sure what's involved. Dane are those the expensive pads and what is the recommended fluid to use.

Cheers, Chris.

Very nice mate, bargain price.
Yes ds2500 are the good pads, and i believe its ate racing blue fluid or sumet like that, i know its blue haha.

They are not rear calipers are they? do they have the part number? rear calipers from the Boxters etc aren't any good really...

<tuffty/>

Are they better than standard S3 brakes?

Nope... if they are the rear calipers then the pedal will be hard as nails and you will be stamping on the things to get them to think about working...

<tuffty/>

Its the ratio of piston size to MC size... if the piston size is larger than the brakes you are replacing you get a softer longer pedal, if they are smaller then you get a harder pedal...

The overall piston size of the Porker rears in this case tend to give a horible feel... no bite and more effort required to get any braking... Bill had a customer in with a Leon FR that had a K03 hybrid fitted... he used the car for track days mainly and insisted on having these calipers fitted... he swapped them soon after as they were horrible...

<tuffty/>

the part number should be 996.351.425/6 for R and L front callipers - thats for the 996 or boxster S front callipers. I just got a set off ebay also, off a porsche boxster s for 249 delivered.. all i need is the carriers which are £100 and then the new fluid. the difficult thing about fitting them is bleeding the brakes, you need 2 people to do it on a drive unless you have a brake bleed tool or something. if they are rears then the part number will be 996.352.421/2 - the rears are generally 352 and the fronts are generally 351. but as already mentioned if they are rears then pedal feel will be hard as nails...!

Hi guys,tuffty there the same as Westys and they came off an S3 so I think everything is there to bolt straight on, I got spacers to incase there a tight fit.

J Iv never bled brakes or fitted them so it's all new to me will look for one of those brake bleed tools.

Cheers, Chris.

Chris they do look the same as mine but the wear on the discs isn't the same as mine. I run standard sized S3 312mm discs but the standard Boxster discs are only 300mm (I think, still trying to find the answer) so the way the carriers space the calipers means I have 12mm worth of inner disc that doesn't get touched. You might have different carriers to space it differently. Can you get a tape measure on those discs for me please.

Edit: Take the pads out and take a pic of the pistons for us. Rear callipers have the same size pistons where the fronts have 1 36mm and 1 40mm piston.

Another edit!: Porsche 986 front discs are only 298mm in diameter so 14mm of the standard sized 312mm S3 disc isn't touched.

Last edited:
Hi guys,tuffty there the same as Westys and they came off an S3 so I think everything is there to bolt straight on, I got spacers to incase there a tight fit.

J Iv never bled brakes or fitted them so it's all new to me will look for one of those brake bleed tools.

Cheers, Chris.

Use a Gunsons Ezzi bleed kit mate... make sure you have less than 20psi in the tyre you use for the pressure..

<tuffty/>

Chris they do look the same as mine but the wear on the discs isn't the same as mine. I run standard sized S3 312mm discs but the standard Boxster discs are only 300mm (I think, still trying to find the answer) so the way the carriers space the calipers means I have 12mm worth of inner disc that doesn't get touched. You might have different carriers to space it differently. Can you get a tape measure on those discs for me please.

Edit: Take the pads out and take a pic of the pistons for us. Rear callipers have the same size pistons where the fronts have 1 36mm and 1 40mm piston.

Another edit!: Porsche 986 front discs are only 298mm in diameter so 14mm of the standard sized 312mm S3 disc isn't touched.

Il have a look and measure tonight there like dinner plates pretty big lol, if they are the wrong ones il wack them back on the bay :uhm:

Use a Gunsons Ezzi bleed kit mate... make sure you have less than 20psi in the tyre you use for the pressure..

<tuffty/>
Tyre I really need to get more knowledges about cars lol so I'm assuming you plum that unit to the bleed kit hmmm maybe I should get someone who knows what there doing to fit them lol.

Disk wear is different I think, will put better pics up and find out the number of them and il take the pads out worst case just resell them.

Also are your spacers a lot bigger than my 15's as you bolt yours to the hub then

Il have a look and measure tonight there like dinner plates pretty big lol, if they are the wrong ones il wack them back on the bay :uhm:

Tyre I really need to get more knowledges about cars lol so I'm assuming you plum that unit to the bleed kit hmmm maybe I should get someone who knows what there doing to fit them lol.

Brakes are fairly important mate so prob best if you can get someone whos done it before to help...

<tuffty/>

Yeah I'm going to be safe and get them fitted. Like you say there important knowing me they will fall off if I do them lol.

mine arrived today - and to answer an earlier question the standard boxster/boxster s brake discs are 298mm. i think i need to relacquer mine and clean them up a bit.. adapters from creation motorsport and jobs a good un - being advertised without pads but turned up with them still in, with plenty left! lovely!

mine arrived today - and to answer an earlier question the standard boxster/boxster s brake discs are 298mm. i think i need to relacquer mine and clean them up a bit.. adapters from creation motorsport and jobs a good un - being advertised without pads but turned up with them still in, with plenty left! lovely!

What a bonus, what pads are they and do you have any photos post them up if you do.

Chris, in the pics above Westy is running PCD adapters which also act as a spacer, so don't listen to him. He isn't now though and they fit, but you aren't going mad after looking at his pics!

Here we go tuffty got some more pics

150cf8f9.jpg

a0ea0541.jpg

b2317a0d.jpg

Are they the ok ones then ;)