Pic request: a3 with wellycooler

Jay A3

#because Racecar
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my current front mount to the larger 76mm core Welly cooler. Trying to get an idea of how much trimming I'm going to need to do on the lower valance of the bumper. Pics would be a great! Cheers

There must be one in the FMIC thread somewhere... I would say Prawns... he even posted up pics of him fitting it which can be found in both the FMIC thread and his own build thread

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Jay A3
Yeh I have seen prawns, just wondering if there where other examples. Fitting it isn't the problem just sitting it right behind the bumper and keeping fogs with minimal cutting

no chance.

My bumper is trimmed down to literally single skin, 2mm thick plastic face and that's it. Everything behind that is gone.

These 2 pics give you a good idea of just how tight the core is:

Reactions: Jay A3
Afraid I dont have pics but Ive recently done mine and cut loads of plastic out to fit, bumper is no more flimsy than before, sits very snug against to core by the time its attached!

No worries drewman.
Attempted it today, I already had the smaller fmic and had trimmed the bumper then. So just needs a bit more work for the larger cooler.

Fits but very tight. Needs a bit more attention.

Reactions: s33nyboy12 and VAG-Slag