Pic and Details Of Next Gen A3/S3

XXX_18T

Reaction score
One of my mates just got a job with Audi and he confirmed to me the front of the A3 will be similar to the A4.

He also told me that all the S cars in the Audi range will be non turbo hence the S3 will have a more powerful engine than the R32

RS cars will be all turbo and in 2005 Audi will release a RS8 monster, heard rumours of a Twin Turbo V10 engine in it

this pic would be very close i think of the next gen A3

audia3audinews-1.jpg

I hope the 1.8T remains in the standard A3, so guess a lot of people will be getting K04 kits to make their standard A3 beat S3's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nah, I still don't like it. I'll give it a chance though, might grow on me / look better in the flesh (or should that be metal)

I rather the red car than the green, but i have a feeling that both arent right, and the real A3 looks much nicer.

When are they going to release the concept version of the A3 at Frankfurt?

[ QUOTE ]
This one doesn't look so bad. What'd'ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, Alfa 156 meets Vauxhall Ashtray /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think this was the first picture released in Autocar a while ago. Recent pics have been more similar to the green one above - horrible ! I haven't seen the red pic before but it looks very Vauxhall-like to me - perhaps its the wheels.

I agree that the tt-like original was best. Having said that the current S3 looks so much better than the A3, they might surprise us yet....

sidicks

[ QUOTE ]
This one doesn't look so bad.

audia3autobild.jpg

What'd'ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes... it looks like a seat!

I like the new A4 but the new S4 is way too subtle compared with say an M3

I don't like these designs for the new A3 and you all know what the S3 will look like - just add Avus, a more aggressive spoiler front and rear and lightly flared wheelarches

350Z here I come I reckon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think the fact that they are taking the turbo out will have an effect on sales, I mean yeh, there is sceptics who say turbos blow etc but imo thats part of the fun with the S3. I dont like the design much either!!