Piano black trim

chris_marshall

MTM S3, Aprilia RSV Mille
Reaction score
Evening all, is there any way of refurbishing the piano black trim in the S3? The previous owner was clumsy enough to scratch it in places.

Many thanks
Chris :blackrs4:

not that i know of, it doesnt seem to be painted, more of a material with a gloss finish..... like acrylic

would using some gloss vinyl wrap that sign writers use work?

Which bits are scratched?

The flap beneath the stereo was replaced on mine before I bought it, so must be available from Audi...

It's all available from Audi... but for some reason it's mega bucks..... a full center consol trim for my A3 in satin black was around £22 for the exact same partnumber but speced as piano black... was the best part of £100 if i remember correctly.... you would be better off getting a good painter to paint some standard trim for you or maybe have a crack yourself with something like that smooth hammerite....smootherite is it called ?

Which bits are scratched?

The flap beneath the stereo was replaced on mine before I bought it, so must be available from Audi...
The bit of trim around the gear stick and also the bit in the drivers door with the window switches in.
Many thanks

painting will never be as robust as the original material

Yep, couldn't agree more. Changing them would be worst case scenario. Just wondered if one of these chips away people who also do interior bits could do it