Piano black interior trim parts

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi,

Got the piano black center console round the stereo bit from a guy on here the other day.

Want all the other bits now, will the bit round the gear-knob fit my pre-facelift A3? Also im guessing its just the window switch surrounds that are left.

Am i best to go to audi and order these or will they be REALLY expensive?

Other than that i guess i'll have to find them on ebay or spray them myself?

J

They are stuuuuuuupid expensive from a dealer. £45 for the gearstick surround and about £145 each side for the door switch trims.

Look for those ads on ebay where they break the whole car up.

I wouldnt try painting them either, its near on impossible! Got the ones for my A3 for about £65 inc centre console and heater bit. Beware....if you have a pre facelift car you'll need the whole centre consel as you cant remove the piano black trim from it!

I wouldnt try painting them either, its near on impossible! Got the ones for my A3 for about £65 inc centre console and heater bit. Beware....if you have a pre facelift car you'll need the whole centre consel as you cant remove the piano black trim from it!
im sure you can, i thought you unscrew the screw in the ashtray and pull it up? maybe im wrong

oh sorry mate but even that if you unscrew the whole gear stick console from the sides you can unclip it from underneath

The one I had was stuck down. I think they unclip on the facelift version. I got fed up in the end and left the original one in! LOL

im almost certain its a new centre console (gear stick back)on these, could be wrong but looked into this briefly myself on my old A3

im almost certain its a new centre console (gear stick back)on these, could be wrong but looked into this briefly myself on my old A3

Yes, can confirm this from when i was breaking my old S3 piano black and the centre console was sold as one piece!

Jay, just get it sprayed up any bodyshop should do it for about £30-40 with the same end result, I have just had mine done with the ash tray and it look spot on!

had it done at the same time as my smooth boot plinth and it cost me £60 in total.

Smooth boot Plinth? I take it thats the bit above the number plate where the lock is?

Ive already bought the Piano black fascia bit that goes round the stereo and heater matrix bit. So maybe i'll just get the rest sprayed up?

I did my boost gauge holder myself in gloss black that looks pretty good.

Jay: Dont suppose you got any pics have you?

J

Yeah had the lock taken out after i got rid of the wiper and the badges,

No sorry jay i havent got any pics yet but ill asure you it looks a lot better than the boring plastic although is a pig to keep finger marks off!

i love the resiliance of the piano black stuff though...it seems impossible to mark it..... previous owner has been a lil rough with the door handle, for which there are a couple of small indentations.... where normal plastic would scratch, this doesnt seem to

Its a pitty the soft touch buttons on the Air Con and the Head units were not made with such resilience.

i'll agree with that....could do with some sort of touch up pen for mine.... if anyone has come across one?

could do with a touch up on that myself.... my negative symbol is scratched on the climate, quite a bit too....thought if i could get some black matt paint and touch it in....nobody would notice with it being so far down..... looks like this a recurring problem

i got some piano black door handle covers 2 pass side 1 drivers
my car has carbon fibre