PIAA LED fog lights

eastern_s3

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted on at length previously.

Has anyone had a go at installing a PIAA LED fog kit/bulb into their car? Was doing some searching the other day and randomly found this picture of some awesome looking fogs on an S3.

I think this is another forum member's (madalex) car. Can't seem to find any info on this mod reading through their posts. Audi TTS and S3 LEDS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
cosmetically it looks awesome and matches the DRL's perfectly.

practically it could render your car un-drivable in heavy fog. learnt this the hard way with my previous fiat. instead of the light piercing the fog and illuminating ahead it reflects on the water particles and all you see is "bright light infront of you"

cosmetically it looks awesome and matches the DRL's perfectly.

practically it could render your car un-drivable in heavy fog. learnt this the hard way with my previous fiat. instead of the light piercing the fog and illuminating ahead it reflects on the water particles and all you see is "bright light infront of you"

That's why old fashioned fog lamps had yellow bulbs and/or reflectors to pierce the fog - the glare does not reflect like white does.

LED's are useless in fog but if you never have any fog then so what ?!! Does Sydney ever have fog ?:unsure:

Hi Mike/Harrelson,

This mod would be purely for cosmetic purposes. The vast majority of the driving that I do is in the city and during the 2 years I've lived in Sydney, I don't think I've ever seen anything approaching fog. If I was back in the UK commuting early mornings then would be much more of a consideration.

I'm eagerly keen to change my fogs to a whiter light too.
As eastern said above, I also do not ever use my fog lights.

Purely a cosmetic mod for when the 'coming home' lights are on.
I hate the colour difference between the fogs and the LED DRLs.