Photoshoot Locations in Scotland

MerlinTwist

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Thought I'd start a little discussion on some favoured photoshoot locations among members..

Mine unfortunately has been closed and under construction for the last 2 years which is killer.

Where do you like taking photos of your car?

Here's mine down an industrial road at the back of Grangemouth.
48293467177 3b70804c64 k

Reactions: Johnny 99, Audi Bairn and MuPPeT_ON_TouR
Good idea, starting this :thumbs up:

Nice pic too.

I'm having a chuckle though as, when I read the thread title, Grangemouth was well down the list of locations :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Where's your road that's closed currently?

Reactions: MerlinTwist
Thanks!
There's a couple of locations in Grangemouth that can be pretty rewarding but you have to be watchful with some of them as they're mostly private property

The spot I used to use constantly was just behind Stirling train station, it was like a block of abandoned old buildings that were jammed just behind the cinema. Used to get some really great shots there so I'm pretty gutted it's closed.

Heres one of my old MPS from the location that's now shut off.
c2f1a729390628ac319e39858dda5a3c.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Also a Bairn from Falkirk, I too chuckled at the Grangemouth photo location- sorry, not very helpful! Have tried East Fortune Aircraft Museum?

Haha it isnt quite the place you'd imagine going to for photos, just behind the car there's a little waterfront harbour that's quite nice when the sun's out - privately owned however so you need to be wary of the owner being around or ask permission.

I've never wanderdx to East fortune museum, that might be a good excuse for a road trip on a sunny day

Thanks!
There's a couple of locations in Grangemouth that can be pretty rewarding but you have to be watchful with some of them as they're mostly private property

The spot I used to use constantly was just behind Stirling train station, it was like a block of abandoned old buildings that were jammed just behind the cinema. Used to get some really great shots there so I'm pretty gutted it's closed.

Heres one of my old MPS from the location that's now shut off.
c2f1a729390628ac319e39858dda5a3c.jpg
Another great pic :thumbs up:

I know the areas you're talking about too.

We are really lucky with many good locations / landmarks within a short drive.

Reactions: MerlinTwist
There's definitely some good landmarks near by!

Some of the old abandoned places however are now under watchful eye and security due to vandalism which is a shame. Used to be able to get up close and personal with the cars at some places and now they're totally off limits.

Looks fantastic Johnny!

NC500 is still on my to-do list, never have the time to spare!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Johnny 99
@MattSedg thought that was you on the bridge but it’s not as kitted out as your Defender and no tent on the roof :thumbs up:

good spot chief!
im fully tentless until mid august!!! and would like to think ill be up there next spring for a week :readit:

Looks fantastic Johnny!

NC500 is still on my to-do list, never have the time to spare!
Definitely worth doing mate! I've not done it in one hit but living in Inverness it's my playground. I'm going round the whole route next month on a charity run - the Cannonbawz Run. It's been going for 5 years but this is my first. Basically a bunch of petrolheads getting together to have some fun whilst raising money for charity. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghost