Phone Holder

Mark-A4

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to mount a phone holder in the centre of the windscreen, and with a USB cable going from the holder into the AMI in the glove box.

What would be the easiest route for me to get the cable installed? Any guides on what needs to be unclipped would be great too.

Cheers,
Mark

just plug it in and run it to the phone out the glovebox door

or come out the side and run it up the plastic cover at side of screen or along the bottom of the dash

just plug it in and run it to the phone out the glovebox door

or come out the side and run it up the plastic cover at side of screen or along the bottom of the dash
Thanks, although I'd prefer it to be a bit neater than that if possible.

I was hoping I could get from the glove box to the central vent or somewhere like that so that the cable was only visible from the dash to the holder.

you wont see any wires if you go the bottom of the dash it will hide down there quite nice

does it have to be in the center of the screen ?

the wire would put me right off get a broclip holder fits nice an snug at the side of your dash no screws etc
then no wires to be seen and no holder in the screen.

Won't the cable be visible all up the central console or have I misunderstood where you mean?

I'd rather it was central if possible as it will be doubling up as a dash cam. I guess it could go on the drivers side but I think I prefer the video to be central to the car.

The reason for the wire is that it charges the phone whilst in its holder which is necessary when doing video otherwise out drains the phone pretty quickly.

Thanks!

Take the grill off the centre speaker, see if you can get a route to behind the glovebox.

Thanks, I tried the center speaker but could find a way through to the glove box.

I've ended up going out the top of the glove box, through the fuse box on the passenger side then along the bottom of the windscreen before the wire finally appears from the centre. It's not perfect yet as I could still do with finding a way of securing it down tighter as I think it may free itself, but for now it's looking fine.

Thanks for the help!