Phone holder?

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Hi guys, still loving my car, but I am stumped as to what to do with regards having my phone on display!
I like using various apps while driving, and in previous cars I have always used the phone cradles that clip into the air vents, but these don't fit in the A3s very nice circular vents and I really don't like the ones that stick to your window!
So I was just wondering what other people use for holding their phones?
ps. I have A Samsung S4

Hi guys, still loving my car, but I am stumped as to what to do with regards having my phone on display!
I like using various apps while driving, and in previous cars I have always used the phone cradles that clip into the air vents, but these don't fit in the A3s very nice circular vents and I really don't like the ones that stick to your window!
So I was just wondering what other people use for holding their phones?
ps. I have A Samsung S4
Go Brodit, have done for my last 4 cars. Good quality

Keep your phone in your pocket and concentrate on enjoying the drive?

I don't suppose u have a pic of the Brodit do you? Which phone do you use it with? Is it the one where the pro clip sits in between the two air vents? I haven't actually got the car yet (getting built next week!!!)so can't have a good look to see how it would fit, and Amazon are quoting 1-3 months for dispatch of the pro clip and next day for the holder (iPhone 5s), didn't want to fork out £45 if it's not right. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I don't suppose u have a pic of the Brodit do you? Which phone do you use it with? Is it the one where the pro clip sits in between the two air vents? I haven't actually got the car yet (getting built next week!!!)so can't have a good look to see how it would fit, and Amazon are quoting 1-3 months for dispatch of the pro clip and next day for the holder (iPhone 5s), didn't want to fork out £45 if it's not right. Thanks for any advice.

Try this site, Brodit | Car ProClip | Car Mount | Car Holder | Branded Brodit Online Shop should find all you need and delivery is good

I have used the ugly audi oem dash mount and fitted a more useful phone holder to it , as we can't remove it as it leave a gaping hole in the dash

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,469
Best thing about brodit is the are simple to install.. Rock solid when in and easy to remove with zero damage

If you have the book style cover of the Samsung s4 then the adjustablI'd cover is good. Otherwise the standard active one is good as is the passive one.. Also brill for the iphone

I'd rather spend the money on a decent holder like a brodit

I just got one from amazon, it is under 20 quid, Kenu Airframe portable car mount. does a good job and it is pretty discrete.

I use a Breffo spider in my old car - think it will fit using both air vents on the new A3. Otherwise its a Brodit.

Anyone else using the Kenu Airframe or Airframe+ and can comment on ease of use with the 8V vents? Hoping to pick one up for my iPhone 6 but would like more pros and cons first.

Would appreciate some pics if possible too :)

Last edited:
Yep, using the Kenu as well when i have the phone out. picked it up a couple of years ago via Kickstarter or one of the funding sites. Have used it on multiple cars, mine and hire cars, and with an iphone 5 and Lumia 930.

its easy to use, remove and store in the car, even with the limited storage in the S3 (and previous TT), although there is a knack in getting the position right to make sure the phone doesn't vibrate.

I've tried countless phone holders from a few pence to quite a few pounds and this is by far the best

Reactions: pauly69
Surely it's best not to use the phone when you're driving? Having been knocked off my bike by some one using their phone I'm obviously a bit anti

Personally, used to use it for pratnav, but have that in the car now, so use it a lot less. Do use the the AA parking app when in a strange town. Really depends what you mean by "use"

I take the point, personally it would be almost exclusively for picking Spotify playlists. I don't see the benefit in turning every phone holder query into a debate on in car phone use ;)

Call me mean....I wanted one to fit it the cup holder so made one from an old Honda ashtray and a screen mount.
It works very well.....
Car

out of interest, what Apps do you use while driving?

Best phone holder for the A3 is the front armrest cubby :D

In my old car though which didn't have sat nav, I just used one of the windscreen mounted ones. What have you got against them? Get a decent quality one (I had the official Samsung one I think) and they are solid and look good, and fit perfectly near the A pillar. I even wired mine in through the A pillar and installed a 3-way switch to turn power on/off/on-with-ignition.

It will only work for smaller phones though. Personally I think the best place for a phone when you are driving is in your pocket because then you will not be tempted to use it. Even when stationary if you do then you run the risk of falling foul of the law...

Reactions: cemerson
Just want to throw my hat in the ring on the Brodit holder. It's on the right in the pic. Just clips in and is in the right place so it doesn't interfere with the passenger or air vents and can be adjusted width wise for new phones and it pivots. Had an iPhone in there and now Xperia Z3. It's in a good place too for the USB cable to charge it up. Costs more but I like it.

Attachments

• DSC_0012~03.JPG
    DSC_0012~03.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,024