Phone holder suggestions please

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As the title suggests I'm looking for a good but not very expensive phone holder for my A6.

sick of putting it in the cup holder and I'm using it more for google maps as my satnav is way out of date now,

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tbh I use a magnetic dash mount, stuck with 3m, doesn't leave marks, stains, stays on even in the summer, replaced sticky pad recently but only due to my fiddling, it's very minimalist tbh, unobtrusive.

Got a pic of it mate please

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Not to hand, prime has many, get one on a ball joint so it's easier to move in any direction, some with screw tighteners at the back have restrictive movement due to the knob, so check it thoroughly.

I have a cd slot mounted magnetic holder which works well. Obviously would be less practical if you use the cd drive, which I don't.
5e816191f8b56f78d2d05baf3fed4313.jpg

I do like that one.
Will have to have a look

Here is a link to a recent comparison test.

Have a look at Brodit's and Dashmount's websites as well.

It doesn't show in that photo but I ran a USB cable behind the center console and routed it to come out near the phone on the right hand side.

Reactions: Buxton2901
It doesn't show in that photo but I ran a USB cable behind the center console and routed it to come out near the phone on the right hand side.
Nice. Where did you plug the USB cable in? In the arm rest?

Yeah, I had originally planned to remove the 12v socket and use an old in line fused harness I had from my previous car and take power from the back of the socket. But getting the 12v socket out is a pain without the proper removal tool and you can't get to the back of it without removing the entire center console.

As a result I had to drill a tiny hole in the corner of the arm rsst storage area, remove the mmi control panel and storage bin up front, then I could run the cable along under the center console and up out of the side wall of my footwell.

This car is going to be with me for some time as I do ~600miles/wk and so it will be worth nothing by the time I get rid of it in a few years (with the projected milage on it behing close to 200k). Drilling a small hole in the arm rest storage area was no big deal for me. But I get that some people wouldn't want to do that either.
a6b9dc56e505d715b6bc5286c690985e.jpg

So I ordered this one from eBay with a 3 metre long usb c cable and routed it from the 12v in the armrest down under the centre console and tucked it behind the ashtray and pushed it between the panels to come out near the bottom of the vents. I'm quite happy with the placement. Just need a usb 3.0 adaptor for the 12v to make it charge my phone faster
944468aaa36d8ba3ee0d420bed779823.jpg
ec9142ead4654a69157a3b28c889c296.jpg

Reactions: DonkeyIce and noisy_lightning