phone control via voice

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
I have paired my dads phone to his car for him, but can I set it up so it will auto dial some one out of the phone book when he says their name? (i know he will have to say the commands so it is trained to his voice) I read the manual but it's not exactly clear, and there is a bit for export market that seems to be what we want... but that doesn't seem to work.

if we can't set the hands free up to dial when some ones name is said then it seems pretty poor tbh, any help or where to look at?

cheers

karl.

sorted it.... the instructions arent very clear....to set it up so you can just shout a name from the phone book and it will call it is:
  • Press "Mode" button on the multi-function steering wheel to switch to telephone mode. scroll through the phone book to find the entry you want to tag in the nstrument cluster display
  • press "Talk" button on the multifunction
    steering wheel. The chime <Beep>
    sounds.

[*]Say the command STORE

After being prompted by voice operation
    system say the name under which this phone book entry shoudl be saved to the
    cell phone package
    [*]Repeat the name after being prompted. The
    name tag for the selected phone book entry in the cell phone package is saved in
    the voice operation phone book.

To make a call (this doesnt seem to be in the instructions at all!)
talk button

"select name"

say the name you have tagged in the phone book....

then

"dial number"

Cheers. Been wondering about this myself. Will try setting this up tomorrow.

If you have 3G i.e. MY2010 onwards (and perhaps only if you have Nav??) then you don't need to record name tags.