Phone Book Contacts

andy203

Q5 Black Edition
Reaction score
Help required - have read manual and the MMI manual, and I am either not seeing what I'm looking for or it's not possible. On my VW Golf when I loaded the phone book/contacts from my phone via the cars system I could select where it got the details from - i.e The Phones memory or from the sim card which is in my case O2 pay as you go one. I have obviously paired my phone and it has loaded the contacts from my phone, the only problem is it has loaded all the details that were sored on the sim card and in the phone. What I want is to just have the contacts that I have stored on the phone. Any suggestion would be most helpful. I'm trying to avoid having all o2 details i.e Balance, voice mail etc etc. Hope I have made it clear -"Clear as Mud"

Last edited:
I don't think it's possible.

Certainly I've not stumbled across the option on the non-tech pack.

It might be down to a setting in the phone. Change the phone so it only shows the phone contacts, not SIM contacts. Then do the import.

It might be down to a setting in the phone. Change the phone so it only shows the phone contacts, not SIM contacts. Then do the import.
Thanks for suggestion, but do have my phone to use none Sim card details.

Can I ask why you'd keep contacts on your SIM? Didn't think people still did that!

Reactions: NHN
Indeed move all to phone, backup then you're covered, sim data isn't the best to use as it cuts of names and splits contacts in my experience.

Can I ask why you'd keep contacts on your SIM? Didn't think people still did that!
Don't now all contact on the phone - but with O2 pay as you go - get all there numbers Voice mail, Balance, Top up etc etc loaded onto the Sim card, just annoying to me......