Phatnoise questions

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Hi guys

I ve just purchased a phatnoise i expect delivery within the next fews day & seeing as your all experts in this field i have a few questions, sorry if their re-peats.

1. I dont have a cd changer cable & could someone indicate the correct cable for a Symphony II unit.

2. I ve read some that using a mouting bracket can interfear with the sound quality buzzing etc is there a remeady for this i read that someone used 3M pads & placed the box on their sub.

3. CD cable installation whats the best route ? i was thinking go in from the passenger side of the dash to the HU then run the cable under the door trim sills behind the rear quarter panel card & into the boot.

4. I dont think i ve missed anything but any further advise would be a great help cause i m pretty clueless i couldnt even remove the boot trim the otherday.

Thanks

Matt

you can get a buzzing if the phatbox touches the metal cd mounting - i used very thin mounting foam and found nylon screws

you need a standard audi changer cable - either oem from a stealer or from ebay or such like -

ideally you could run the cable to the trunk cubby hole and put the phatbox where the oem changer should be - alternatively take the phatbox out of the large aluminium case which leaves a very small box that can easily be fitted into the back of the glovebox

Not on mine, I had to insert the pins into the plug that was already there (I bought the audi cable).

oh god dont say that is there instructions, whats wrong with cable above ?

Matt

Instructions are here http://www.phatnoise.com/audi/downloads/11-08-05_A3_PhatNoise.pdf

If you have bought the one with the plug attached it’s the same cable but you will have to remove the pins from the plug unless you have the split green and yellow plug at the rear of the radio.

If you have already ordered you might be lucky some come with the blue plug separate.

Yup, you (well I did anyway) have a connector that goes in there and takes up all the space, but it is very bare. So you just poke all the wires of the new cable into the existing connector and plug it back in. 10min job (only takes that long because of paranoia of getting it wrong).

dont suppose you could advise what colour goes where i ve looked at instructions but cant really understand what number pins are what or in which order they go in.

You only need to insert the pins in the existing connector if you have CONCERT or CONCERT 2. Symphony will be fine since the socket this plugs into is empty.

Never done a Symphony II but the plug you are dealing with is (multi pin connector I 20 pin- black) on page 10 of the instructions the colour code for the wires is page 7 (step#18A) . If it is one single plug you will have to place the wires in if it is the split connector (Green/yellow) (or no plug)the blue plug will push straight in at the side.